“The Perfect Disney Experience”

Disney Ambassador Hotel
Ranked #6 of 25 Hotels / Ryokan in Urayasu
Reviewed 6 July 2012

I loved the Disney Ambassador Hotel! This was my first time staying on Disney property at the Tokyo Disney Resort, and I'm so glad we did. This was a last-minute trip. My husband had to attend a conference a couple hours outside of Tokyo. I decided to tag along for some sight seeing and a weekend at the Disney Resort. There weren't many hotel options left by the time we booked. I was a little worried after reading reviews that said the staff of this hotel doesn't like Americans, but it's absolutely NOT TRUE! The staff was wonderful. Many people spoke enough English to assist us, and everyone was very friendly and helpful. The bell staff was outstanding. There were two gentlemen on the bell staff who spoke a great deal of English.

One of the best things is that if you arrive before check-in, there is a place to leave your bags right outside the JR train station. It's like a pre-check-in area. You still have to check in later, but you can drop off your bags and have them delivered to your hotel so you can hit the park right away.

The hotel is beautiful. There are Disney touches and decorations everywhere. The lobby is beautiful. There is a bar in the main lobby which is a great place to get a drink after park closing or a quick bite to eat. There are a few restaurants. They looked like fun and a couple had Mickey shaped food, but we didn't get a chance to try them. We were only there Friday through Sunday, and we spend most of our time at the theme parks where the staff was also very friendly and many people spoke enough English to be able to help us when needed.

The rooms were comfortable, and even though they said the room had a "double" bed, it was larger than a queen sized bed. The bed was very firm but also very comfortable. I slept well. There was a nice selection of Disney toiletries that was replenished on our second day there. There was Disney art in the room, a Disney bed spread, and even Disney on the bathroom mirrors and frosted door windows.

There is a hotel shuttle that takes you from the hotel to the parks and back. It arrives about every ten minutes, and we always were able to fit on the shuttle. We never had to wait in line for a second one to come. The parks were also both close enough that you can walk if you wish.

There is a hotel store that carries some park merchandise. This hotel is also attached to a large shopping area/mall with a Disney Store in it. If the hotel restaurants are busy, this shopping area would be a great place to go to grab a quick bite.

I am a fan of Disney resorts. I have stayed at the original Disneyland Hotel, the Grand Californian, and several hotels in Orlando. I like the rooms at the Ambassador best for the sheer amount of Disneyness in them. I highly recommend the Disney Ambassador Hotel. I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
7  Thank Darlene111
There are newer reviews for Disney Ambassador Hotel

Reviewed 16 September 2011

We stayed three nights at the Tokyo Disney Ambassador Hotel. It was our home base as we enjoyed Disney Land/Disney Sea.

The hotel is absolutely gorgeous. I could have taken pictures for three days and not captured all the nuances of the place. The rooms were definitely luxurious by Japanese standards. But by Disney/price standards? They were just okay really. The best part of the room was definitely the bath and all the amenities. Very nice.

My biggest disappointment was the restaurant situation. It was absolutely ridiculous by any standard you wish to apply. It wasn't the food mind you. It was delicious the few times we could actually get in to eat it. Long waits (45 minutes to an hour) for the breakfast buffet with a hungry 3 year old (and father) was not cool or acceptable for the prices we were paying. Other Ambassador restaurants we couldn't get into because of outside reservations. We talked to the guest services after starving the first morning. They did not offer nor we could not get reservations for the in-hotel breakfast buffet. They did not offer any advice or solutions either. At $500 a night? As I said, ridiculous, and I was completely turned off by it frankly.
Beware the hungry vacationer. His reviews are unkind.

Positives:
Gorgeous hotel. Clean rooms.
Surprisingly quiet, slept through the night.
Some International television.

Negatives:
Restaurants
Polite, but generally unhelpful staff.
Hunger

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with family
3  Thank Ippotamus
Reviewed 1 April 2009

Having not seen any other American critiques of this hotel, I felt compelled to write of our experience here with our recent stay. We have stayed in a variety of Disney hotels around the world and I must say my experience here was the worst I have ever experienced with Disney. The room was very nice and was up to typical Disney Standards. The amenities were also outstanding. However, if you are a couple going and hope to sleep in a bed together, you had best hope that you are not of the "larger variety". Our room was a "superior" room with 2 beds, both equating to a maybe a double or just short of it at a cost of 57000 yen per night. The worst part, our beds were basically the same as sleeping on the floor and that is NOT an exaggeration. Our check in process was a whole other fiasco. First off, we were asked for copies of our passports for the hotel to make copies. This process took approximately 15 to 20 minutes. NEVER have we EVER been asked to provide a copy of my passport for ID (please note... my husband is military and does hold a Japanese driver's license and current Japanese address, they still wanted copies of our passports even after valid Japanese ID and address was offered). Best part of the stay, was the in room "body relaxation" services offered via the hotel from 6 pm to 2 am. After a very long day at the park, we came back to dual body massages at 11:30 pm! (Too bad all of the hotels don't offer that). So in a nutshell:

Room - very nice and spacious but beds small and extremely hard.

Amenities - Top Rate. Again, from anything and everything you could possibly need in the room from hairbrush to toothbrush to little girl scrunchy provided, there would be no need to bring anything other than your clothes. Massage service was great and very welcomed at the end of a long day at the park. ALSO BE FOREWARNED - THE DISNEY AMBASSADOR HOTEL WEBSITE SAYS THAT THEY STILL PROVIDE COMPLIMENTARY TICKETS ON THE HOTEL RESORT LINE. THIS WAS DISCONTINUED IN JANUARY 2008! They only provide free transportation via the shuttle bus.

Price - For the time we went (end of March 2009), I would consider it expensive at 57000 yen a night.

Restaurants - Actual hotel restaurants - Food prices are varied from reasonable to very expensive but we found the Sunday brunch fairly reasonable at 3500 yen per person with an excellent selection of items. The hotel is adjacent to Ikspari so the food options are countless with a very short walk.

Service - With the exception of our check in experience, the hotel was on par with other locations but given its location and Japanese tradition of customer service, perhaps I expected a bit more.

Location - Fairly convenient. Depending on room location, it can be a walk to your room and to get to the hotel resort line since you have to go through the "shopping mall" area to get to it. But it IS still located on grounds making it one of the more convenient options.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
11  Thank ImurDaddysGirl
Reviewed 22 December 2008

We stayed with our 2 children ages 9 & 11 in a triple room for 3 nights. We had originally booked for 6 nights but cut it short as there is not enough to do (3 nights is heaps).

The beds in a triple room are too small for 2 adults or even 2 children. The are just slightly wider than a single bed. Therefore, one of our kids was on the sofa (very uncomfortable).

If you have the choice, go with Miracosta. Disneysea is beautiful and the hotel is much more luxurious. We were able to get a room here on our final night and are really glad we did. All rooms have wonderful views and the location is brilliant.

At the end of a long day, it was really annoying to firstly find the shuttle bus to Ambassador, and then take a 10 minute trip. It really is inconvenient with children. Miracosta is right in Disneysea so is very handy.

The hotel lobby at Ambassador had a really strong cigarette smell when we were there which triggered my sons athsma. The Miracosta however did not smell at all.

No one at Tokyo Disney or hotels speaks English which became really frustrating. And just remember that all shows at Disneyland/Disneysea are in Japanese - so don't bother going to any.

Quality of rooms/decor at the hotel is quite nice though. Restaurants are lovely and its very handy to Ikspiari.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled with family
4  Thank ILuv2Travel
Reviewed 17 October 2008

The Tokyo Disney Ambassador Hotel is Extremely Luxurious. The Quality of the whole hotel is second to none. It is expensive but you do get what you pay for.

Now Rooms in Japan are notoriously small - well not here - they were massive. They had every conceivable amenity you could think of in the room. The bathroom was in 3 sections - the basin in the middle - with the toilet in it's own room to the right and the bath/shower in its own room to the left.

The buffet breakfast was very nice and fresh also - a nice way to start the day.

Getting to the parks they had shuttles all day - plus there is the monorail which is about a 5 minute walk from the hotel.

Overall we had a great stay here - the staff were excellent too.

• Stayed: September 2008
3  Thank roundtheworld4me
Reviewed 28 August 2008

We love this hotel, it was very kid friendly which was a really important factor for us. Disnye characters decorate the hotel, Staff were friendly and always smiling to greet you.

Great service started during check in. We bought our theme park pass easily from the reception. There was also a section at the check in area with mini kid sofas and disney cartoon blasting 24/7 on a large screen TV to keep the kids occupied.

We had a triple room which came with another pull out bed, so four of us had a bed each. It was the best sleep I got in Japan. The beds were super comfi and my 2 yr old did not spend the night trying to kick my eyes out. Room was a good size and had the toilet and bathroom in seperate rooms. The hotel even provided PJs for my kids, the exact size for my 2 yr old and 4 yr old! It was really cute. The hotel also had a selection of disney books for kids, but they were in Japanese so the kids and I could only look at the pictures. The rooms had little souvenirs like cups which you are asked to bring home with you. The lady that cleans up our room will leave a towel fold into the shape of a duck to entertain my kids, and would leave fresh PJs for them every day. It just goes to show how much they enjoy their work.

We ordered room service once and the food was delicious ( I love the food in Japan), the fishcake on our ramen had minnie and mickey printed on it.

One dissappointment was that the hotel was not situated in Disneyland itself, it was a 10 min walk from the themepark, but they have a regular transport service in the form of a very cute retro mickey mouse bus to and fro the hotel and park. Good thing was that the hotel was just next to a fancy mall, so we got access to shopping and food easily. Too bad we were not able to see the fireworks in theme parks from our hotel ( could see a tiny bit). If you manage to book a room in Mira Costa, which is situated right smack in the Disneysea, then you can sit back in the privacy of your room to enjoy the fireworks display.

My biggest complain is that the rooms are extremely difficult to book for the Disneyland hotel. I called many times, but once the lines were busy, I got cut off straight away because I choose the language option as English. Finally, I had to get a Japanese friend to help me book on the phone using Japanese. Oh yes, you have to call internationally to book rooms if you are staying overseas, only people living in Japan can book the rooms through the Tokyo Disneyland website.

All in all, I had a great time in Disneyland and a great time in Japan. Want to go there again very soon.

• Stayed: April 2008, travelled with family
2  Thank cloudtree
Reviewed 20 August 2008

How could you expect more from this hotel. The staff (okay we can call them Cast Members) are so friendly and helpful. The overall theme was so nice. Rooms were clean and housekeepers were great. It is close to perfect - just a little picky - it is a long walk to the monorail station (if you are visiting Disneyland), however, the hotel also offers free shuttle to the theme parks!

• Stayed: August 2005, travelled with family