“A good choice for your Disney Resort visit”

Mitsui Garden Hotel Prana Tokyo Bay
Ranked #11 of 24 Hotels / Ryokan in Urayasu
central Illinois
“A good choice for your Disney Resort visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2013

I enjoyed Mitsui Garden Hotel, it is affordable, clean, comfortable, spacious and convenient. The staff is pleasant and professional. The rooms were well sound proofed, we never heard our neighbors and I know they were noisy (my teens). The beds and pillows were comfortable. The breakfast buffet is fantastic with a large variety of Western and Japanese items.

The attentive staff and luxurious amenities made me feel like I was staying at a four star hotel. To top it off they have complimentary massage chairs on the top floor overlooking the bay (you have to look around a bit to find them) it was so nice to have my legs and feet massaged after walking all day. Both times that I visited the massage chair area I had the area to myself, even more relaxing.

The hotel/Disney shuttle makes staying here convenient. The shuttle bus came every 5 to 10 minutes. Travel time between the Disneyland and the hotel was between 15 and 20 minutes, this might improve later as there was a lot of road construction going on when we visited. Use this shuttle to and from the JR Maihama station which is right in front of Tokyo Disney. Easy enough to get here, but I would think twice about making this homebase if I were spending most of the time in Tokyo. We spent 3 nights here, one day spent in Tokyo/Asakusa area and one day at Disney Sea. We chose to stay here because we wanted to queue up right before the park opened and stay till the after the fireworks.

When arriving Maihama station for the 1st time it can be a little tricky finding the hotel shuttle area, you have to head to Disneyland and take the stairs up out of the station area then down after crossing over the bridge under the “Disney Resorts” sign.

The in-house Lawson has a large selection of carry out meals and drinks. We saved money by doing this. I thought convenience store food sounded strange for dinner but I found things like spaghetti, yakisoba, oonagi, and some other nice looking dinners. For about $15 I had a salad, spaghetti bolognese, fresh fruit, and a bottle of tea. Our kids ordered pizza and chicken nuggets (karage) from a pizza delivery place, their menu is in the room, the pizza delivery place insisted we give them a cell phone number, I would just have the front desk help you order, I’m sure they wouldn’t mind, the front desk was always eager to help.

The only thing I wished for was to have Wi-Fi in the room instead of just in the lobby, but it was not a deal breaker, I would definitely stay here again.

Please note we saved money by staying here in June while kids are still in school here, otherwise the price goes up when school is out for break. The breakfast buffet was included in our room price too, a $15 p/person value.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
6 Thank farmergirl38

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2012

This is a late review, we stayed here last 2008.

Mitsui Garden Hotel Prana Tokyo Bay is a Disney Partner Hotel, so it's a good place to stay if you will spend the whole day or two at Disney Resort.

The shuttle will take you to the hotel. The staff and services are quite standard,the hotel and room design are quite straight forward with modern facilities. Except for the bathroom which is a bit high-end for me as the water closet are computerized :P

I took the onsen steam bath and since camera is not allowed inside, I’ll just give a brief description. Japanese takes a bath by sitting down and they always have basin on the side, I wonder at first then I saw them putting their face towels that they use as their loofah/shower net. They sit because it’s their culture coz bathrooms in Japan are too small. Quite a fun experience ;)

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
2 Thank shylla s
Tamuning, Mariana Islands
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Great hotel!! Service is excellent, food is great, & rooms are spacious & clean!! Its about 13 min. by train from Maihama Station to Tokyo Station, 15 min. on free disney shuttle from Hotel to Disney, and 70-80min. on Limobus from hotel to Narita Airport. Hotel rates make it convinient and accessable!!!

Room Tip: Standard rooms are GREAT, its clean & spacious!