Our group were four adults and three kids (two 4 years old and one 2 1/2 year old). We were at this Sheraton grande Tokyo bay hotel twice (Sep 13 and Apr 14) for the Disney trips. The reason was the location. If your trip to Tokyo consisted of the visit to Disney as a priority then this should do you good. The hotel packed with standard Sheraton facilities plus hotel hot spring (technically it is a hot bath as water is not from hot spring) but still good for a long day, mini golf, and Game Center next to the laundromat ( good way to kill time while waiting). So for an extended stay like four or five days there then going to other cities, it was convenience to do laundry for kids and thus pack light for the trip.
Great breakfast buffet and dinner, but a visit to the near by mall (Ikspiari, resort gateway station) could save a bit of the money. In the Ikspiari, there were many shops, restaurants, fast foods, and super market, but one restaurant that I recommend would be the Tsukiji Tamazushi Maihama Ikspiari, for fresh sushi and great Japanese dishes. Long queue can be expected so reservation will be good idea. Disney Monorail station was about 5 minutes walking distant and the Maihama station can link you to places in Tokyo and Odaiba (for shopping). A visit to Ooedo-onsen-monogatari (theme park natural hot spring) in Odaiba can be rewarded.
The hotel also has ticket counter for the two parks, Disneyland and Disneysea so it is convenience. There is also Disney store for last minutes shopping.
1. Buy park ticket at hotel to save time at the park counter, it is same price.
2. Check park opening time as it can be difference from seasons.
3. Agoda booking can be a good rate but may not include breakfast (I knew) nor complimentary host bath ticket (didn't know so fee applied for usage).
4. Japanese Disney store will lighten your wallet with quality and cute products, it does always;)
5. If you plan to use taxi from and to airport with many people, have the hotel call taxi van to save money it is about same cost as regular taxi. We paid for two cabs on the first trip. The last one, we used taxi van.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel brings the essence of an urban resort hotel to a new level of sophistication. Only 30 minutes from central Tokyo, it is seemingly a world apart with a scenic waterfront exposure, expansive gardens and soothing waterfalls. The brilliantly designed interior captures the serene essence of the East and the Western ideal of space, comfort and convenience. Adjacent to the Tokyo Disneyland & Tokyo Disney Sea theme parks, and convenient to Japan's largest convention center as well as both Haneda and Narita airports, the Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay is an ideal location to combine business and pleasure. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten, Starwood APAC, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, JAPANiCAN, Ctrip TA, TravelUp, Booking.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sheraton Urayasu
- Urayasu Sheraton
- Sheraton Grande Tokyo Bay Hotel Japan/Urayasu