“Nice little museum, but not for everyone” 3 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #10 of 99 things to do in Hakone-machi
San Francisco, California
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Nice little museum, but not for everyone”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 February 2014

It's a pretty nice little museum with cute buildings and gardens. I am sure someone who really like The Little Prince would appreciate it more. The biggest part of the museum is a walking tour inside one of the houses that features some background of the writer and various items from the book. Probably takes around 30 minutes. There are book characters/ statues spread around the outdoor areas, but this is pretty much it. The atmosphere is pretty quite and comfortable, but probably not an attraction for everyone.

Visited May 2013

15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“Expected some more”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 February 2014

Should be called Antony Saint-Exupery Museum instead. Contains more about his life than Little-prince themes. Is interesting but somehow misleading, as one expects to see some more about the scenes in the books, the characters, etc.
With so many things to create for children, this feels like a mix between a children's museum and a biography museum, which doesn't work out very well for either.

Visited December 2013
1 Thank C C
Malaysia
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 83 helpful votes
“For the fanatics”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 January 2014

I chose Japan for my trip for a single reason - to visit this museum. And it didn't disappoint. The museum was breath taking. I could really just sit and bask in the whole museum without doing anything else. There's a cafe and a restaurant but we didn't try those. The souvenir shop had good choice though the merchandise is a bit pricey.

There's a short film on the Little Prince shown inside the museum but it was in Japanese. When it was 5pm, there's an illumination at the garden and it was really pretty. They also showed a short film during illumination but yes, it's in Japanese.

We made a 2nd tour to collect stamps on the 'passport' to redeem a free gift - it was a cute postcard. Best of all, we could keep the passport too!

Visited November 2013
Chiba, Japan
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“I could spend a good time!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 November 2013

There were exciting place for me. There are beautiful buildings and statues. And around the museum is trees so the air is flesh. In the museum, there is introduces of the Little Prince. It’s really detail so I think it’s for The Little Prince Lovers. In the store of the Little Prince Museum, there are many various goods of that. I like there!
We can go to there by bus from near the station, Goura, but if you want to go from Tokyo, you can go from Tokyo station by bus. In our trip, we went to there after we went to Venetian Glass Museum. We walked from Venetian Glass Museum because near, but we lost the way because didn’t have a pamphlet which is a guide map. So if you will go on foot from Venetian Glass Museum, you should search the way before a trip.
The entrance fee is 1500yen for ordinary people, but student can enter with 1100yen. When we went to there, we bought combination ticket of The Little Prince Museum and Venetian Glass Museum. It’s cheaper than single ticket. So if you will go to there, two places, you should buy it!!

Visited September 2013
1 Thank Ayan000
Baltimore
221 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 324 helpful votes
“For The Little Prince fans only”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 September 2013

I'm not going to lie. To me, this museum was okay. I thought it was nicely made and presented a lot of interesting things to its audience. Lots of detail as well.

BUT... if you are a fan of The Little Prince book, you will fall in love with this place. My wife was so happy about this museum that she cried. That was enough for me to give this place a 5/5.

You get a small discount from the Hakone Free Pass. There's a nice souvenir shop and a small restaurant as well.

Visited August 2013