“Best ever Tonkatsu in my life!!”
Review of Tonkatsu Rikyu - CLOSED

Tonkatsu Rikyu
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Japanese
Singapore
“Best ever Tonkatsu in my life!!”
Reviewed 14 October 2011

My family and I stumbled upon this quaint restaurant in Nov 2007 when sightseeing Gora. Since then, there is not a single Tonkatsu restaurant I visited that can match this. Everytime I bite into a Tonkatsu, I will benchmark against Rikyu.

There is a long queue to get a chance to eat at Rikyu because the seating is limited and it is all bar-top. It is worth the queue and anticipation. When we saw local Japanese queuing, we knew we stumbled into a local gastromical delight.

Once in the restaurant, everyone is seated in a sushi bar fashion, watching the chefs at work with pride and precision. The sets are standard. Not speaking Japanese, we survived on gesturing to order.

Your order is placed in front of you, like an art. Everyone bites into their Tonkatsu with reverence and silence, savouring every morsel. The black pig's pork is so tender and fresh and that sliver of fat. Yum! I closed my eyes. Life is good. Let this moment last ...

It's worth the wait and worth the price. I am writing this review bec I cannot find anything close to Rikyu till now. Will dig my pictures from archives and upload.

Don't leave Hakone with trying this !

3 Thank MouMou