“Well run, great location, quiet,- all good!”

Richmond Hotel Yokohama Bashamichi
Ranked #9 of 114 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokohama
Reviewed 10 March 2014

My company placed me again at the Richmond hotel for 5 nights and I was pleased with the facilities and friendly management; the rooms are the usual Japan size but have every feature needed, with excellent wifi, effective heating and ventilation, and good working desk area. The breakfast JPY 1,100 buffet style with adequate western and Japanese selection. The only criticism I would have is the insistence on paying the room charge and breakfast in full prior to stay; I take this as a means for them to keep the rates competitive but it is unusual.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 9 March 2014

The English speaking staff were very friendly and helpful. The room was much more modern than the usual Japanese hotel. Hotel not too far from Bashimichi station.
The coin laundry was convenient. Overall a very comfortable stay.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We stayed four nights at Richmond with our family of six (kids aged 3 to 11). I was mostly happy they let us all stay in one room. It was a little tight but with a couple kids on sleeping bags on the floor, it worked out great. We folded the couch bed up during the day for more play room. We attended a conference at Kannai Hall, kiddy corner from the hotel so that was really nice. There is also a very nice park a straight walk East from the Hotel, beside the Yokohama Bay Stars Stadium. Breakfast was plenty for our family and there was a good mix of food for about any taste. And it's open until 10am so good for late sleepers like us:).

The only problem was we had to pay extra for parking. I choose the cheapest lot at 1,300 Yen a day since we didn't use the car once while we were there but had to use it to get there. That made the room a lot more so a bit of a bummer. Still, I would definitely return.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank FehrTraveller
Reviewed 5 June 2013

We were put up at the Richmond Hotel Yokohama for a short work assignment at the Pacifico Convention Centre.
We had the large, 18m2 rooms (incl bathroom) which provided more space than any business hotel room I have ever seen in the Tokyo/Yokohama area.
Rooms were very quiet, had double beds and there was even a 50 cm rack to hang up suits.
The only real drawback was the total absence of Western TV channels.. But the internet worked and I watched the news on my laptop.
Everything that needed to work sure did. The breakfast buffet was also OK and we found quite a few restaurants in the area, filled with locals and where we were the only gaijins.
The place was +/- 10 minutes by taxi to the YCAT Yokohama City Airport Terminal; and another 5 by taxi from the Convention Centre.
A good and quiet compromise when on assignment in Yokohama, but maybe a bit far from the 'action' if you want to go out at night.
I cannot comment on the price, as accommodation was provided to us by our clients.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Great location to get around and experience Yokohama. The room was modern and comfortable. Lots of restaurants and cafes can be found near the hotel. The hotel has a nice restaurant also that is good for a quick bite to eat. The staff were fantastic and very friendly.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Jarrad C
Reviewed 29 April 2012

I stayed at this hotel for almost 50 nights in last 2 months. And I. Ust say itwas a pleasing experience ..... Almost all the staffs can communicate in English. Always helpful ...

Situated in a nice location 3 mnts walking distance from Kannai JR , Kannai Subway and Bashamichi stsn.

Rooms are. Bigggggg. - if u have been to Japan before u will know how pathetic the room size normally is :). This was the reason I stayed there for such a long time.

But stayaway from this Hotel on Saturday nights ---- price goes to as high as 24000¥ on saturdays :) .... U shld plan ur visit like --->. Sunday chk in and Saturday chk out.

[My bill was paid by my Company :) ]

Overalll. Great experience :):):):).)

Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank sun216
Reviewed 11 February 2012

I stayed at the Richmond hotel for two nights during New Years. The staff was excellent and very courteous which I liked because it was my first time staying in Yokohama. The location is great because there are plenty of restaurants within walking distance. For breakfats I went to the Royal Host down the street and it was delicious. Don't expect to use your GPS on your iPhone to explore the local area as I frequently lost service and had to take a taxi cab back to the hotel after getting lost. With the cheap rates I'll definitely be staying here again.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled solo