Lowest prices for your stay
ZenHotels.com
£147
Maxnem
London, United Kingdom

Amazing !

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed 8 Oct 2018via mobile
This was my first experience in proper Onsen and i am so delighted I went. Felt great afterwards. So clean, and all amenities available . The salt steam room was fabulous. The only downside, staff didn’t speak English if you had questions.
Date of stay: September 2018
Image
    £133
1.0 miles from Yokohama Minatomirai Manyo Club
View more hotels in Yokohama
All reviews yokohama bay sauna yukata shampoo japanese
Selected filters
Reviewed 28 May 2018

This was my first experience visiting a hot spring, and boy am I glad it was here. The staff were super friendly and helpful, and the ambience throughout was nice and comfortable. Also, the place is located very near to the subway station so it is really convenient. An added bonus is that the nighttime rooftop view is wonderful.

Date of stay: May 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 April 2018

Everything is to like about this place.
A short walk from Minatomirai underground station of Yohohama, or Excel Tokyu Bay and Intercon Hotels.
Inexpensive for the facilities and services offered.
Wide variety of food offerings within Manyo Club (5F).
Signages in English. Helpful staff.
Different types of onsen, plus healing rooms (gemstones, himalayan salt, etc.)
Amenities in locker rooms.
Will return again and again:)

Date of stay: April 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 November 2017

It has everything from Onsen, Massage, comfortable couch for a nap and restaurants. So it is good to go there just to relax. There is also a floor for game and kids (I didn't visit). Price tag is a bit on the high side though, entrance fee for Onsen is about 2.5k yen but you can pretty much spent your whole day there. But if you're looking for a place not too far from tokyo to relax, I think this could be right answer.

Date of stay: October 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank bomb_sr
Reviewed 13 June 2017

I went there for onsen and massage (not staying in the hotel room). I have been similar facilities in Japan before. This one is very average or slight below average. Positive stuff: the place is big with multiple floors; good options of various types of massage; location is quite convenient (probably 10 mins walk from the nearest subway station). The most significant downside of the place is that it is quite dated, especially the shower area. Otherwise, it is not a bad place to relax.

Date of stay: May 2017
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank AmyDesi
Reviewed 10 April 2017

BEWARE:
IF You pay your spa/onsen bill with a credit card they will AUTOMATICALLY calculate the bill in your home currency "for your ease" and THEIR benefit-- the exchange rate they give you is MUCH LOWER than my credit card company was providing me. TELL THEM "NO"-- provide bill in YEN (then you get the exchange rate from your credit company-- much better deal for you, not for them)

As for the Onsen itself-- Fair to Average--PRICEY (I downgraded it to POOR due to the billing issue). (I guess they also have a Hotel attached to this property).
This review is for the ONSEN SPA.

I went to this "in town" Onsen (mineral bath spa house) after my "Cup Noodle" Museum visit — for this onsen, in the middle of a major city without natural access to a hot water spring— they truck in the water.

It was a good ONE-TIME experience— but as I’ve been to MANY spas in China, ALL that put this one to shame I wouldn't go back to this one…But go and be aware. I went solo and speak no Japanese...so was flying by the seat of my pants, except I wasn't wearing any pants in the spa.

So in essence you go into same-sex only areas: 1) clean/wash/shampoo yourself VERY WELL sitting on short stools in a little 1/2 sectioned off cubicle in a row of 15 other such cubicles…then and only then, you have the option of dipping in the indoor pool 1.5 ft. deep, or the outside shallow pool/in a natural setting, or outside in a cedar tub in same natural setting overlooking the bay-- very nice of a sort….all on the 7th floor of this building. I didn't go to the top floor--where I hear you can view the huge ferris wheel and soak your feet in hot water (that area is co-ed so everyone is wearing their spa clothes)

If too hot—options: sit 1/2 out of water, get out of hot water, or go to the COLD water plunge. In addition, there are dry sauna, steam sauna, steam herbal sauna, and full-body scrubbing room done by little Asian women.

Then the next option is to put on a spa-provided outfit and wander bare foot into a restaurant area…there is a one with menus (photos, no English) and a buffet with food sold by weight (nothing marked in English, no instructions that is the way it is sold—) all a crap shoot…my six item 28usd meal with one beer, had only two items I should have bought—I am learning!

Supposedly there is a room where you can lounge in huge lounge chair and watch your own individual TV— never found it.

By the end of two hours I was cooked “well done”. And knew the bus I needed (comes only once an hour) was soon arriving…so I checked out— two hours, several very nice relaxing soaks (2500yen for entry), two great dim sum shumai (didn’t like the other items), and a nice very cold glass of Kirin beer—the whole learning experience a pricey 55usd (65% of that was the food and drink).

Date of stay: April 2017