“Tiny rooms”

Hotel MyStays Yokohama
Ranked #37 of 125 Hotels / Ryokan in Yokohama
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I stayed at the Mystays Yokohama for one night recently. It was a last minute booking. Friendly staff greeted me and the check in was a breeze. None of the staff spoke English, however this was not a problem.
Location- it’s on the south side of town. It is located close to two train stations and surrounded by great food options. It’s in a quieter more residential part of town, so there were no sights nearby.
The room I stayed in was a single, and I was shocked by how tiny it was. I am used to Japanese small rooms, but this was extreme. There was a small bed and desk, and a 40cm walkway between. There was no space for luggage. The bed was comfortable and clean, however the rest of the room looked worn. The wallpaper was tearing off the wall and the carpets (especially in the corridors) were stained. The bathroom, although spotless, was again very tiny and the ceiling was low.
Somehow I managed to lock my passport and laptop in the room safe, but was unable to open. The staff went out of their way to help me, which was much appreciated.
In general there is nothing wrong with this hotel. It’s quiet and pleasant enough. It was fine for a one-night stay. It was just not worth the fee I paid.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
ms-yokohama, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel MyStays Yokohama, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Thank you very much for staying at Hotel Mystays Hotel.
We are located at near Isesaki shopping street, Minatomirai 21, and China Town.
Also, it is near Yokohama station, where are a few departments and shops.

We apologize for the room we provided. We have been inspected and fixing the wall and carpet dairy basis. We do offer a double room which has bigger bed and some space. The fee frequenntly changes dependig on days.

Thank you for your comment on hotel Mystays Hotel. We look forward to your next visit to Hotel Mystays Yokohama.

Hotel Mystays Hotel Aikawa

Reviewed 19 July 2014

First of all, pleade do not go to Yokohama if you are in japan just as a tourist. But if you happen to be in this boring city for another reason, then you might stay at mystays because
1-it is cheaper than other similar options
2-it is a quiet and clean business hotel
3-beds are really comfortable
4-rooms are not that small and wifi connection is strong
but I gave it 4 out of 5 because
1-it is located a bit outside of the city therefore you need to buy a daily ticket to commute between the hotel and the city (in july 2014, it costd 840 yen)
2-breakfast is not included. If you want add breakfast to your bill, it will be costy (per person per day 1200 yen) better buy something from the supermarket across the street
3-same for lunch and dinner but there is a very nice and cheap restaurant close to the hotel. Unfortunately I do not remember the name but it is very close to the train station. Just go out, cross the street, walk a few steps: the first restaurant o n your right side. They have english menu.
4- there is no tea and coffee facilities in the rooms. There is only a fridge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Eda B
ms-yokohama, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel MyStays Yokohama, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Thank you for selecting Hotel Mystays Yokohama during your recent business travels. We appreciated for your comments on the hotel. It is located near Isesaki shopping street, minomirai bay areas, and China town.
The restaurant opens for morning and lunch. We currently offer beer fair and steak every day except for sunday.

There are a few restaurants near the hotel; Italian, seafood, spanish, chinese, and Japanese Izakaya. We prepare the map at the front desk. If you need an assistance, we are very happy to help you.

we look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Yokohama.

Reviewed 24 February 2014

This hotel is very cheap so thus the decent score but I had to give it a 4 out of 5 due to some minor problems.
Location is.....decent. It's only 3-4 minutes walk from Koganecho station. It's 3 stops away from Yokohama station on the Keikyu line but requires a transfer for Sakuragicho, Minatomirai or Chinatown. Since you have to transfer from a private line to another private line for most of these, the cost can be a bit high for a short trip. It cost 330yen for a 10 min ride to minatomirai which is a bit steep. I was traveling to and from Pacifico Yokohama each day so it was a bit much.
Check-in was smooth and was able to have my bags stored for the day for no hassle. The staff do not have any English skills, however. Some tourists had some trouble checking-in.
Room is on par with other budget hotels in that you have basically the same amenities. Hair dryer, water kettle, aircon/heater, refrigerator and tiny TV.
However, the room showed serious signs of wear. The walls appeared dirty due to peeling off wallpaper, the desk looked like it had been bumped up against luggage one too many times and the carpet was stained. Again, not even a big deal for the price as it wasn't actually dirty.
The bed was actually slightly springier than other Tokyo beds making it tolerable. The pillows, though, are so awful. I actually flopped down on the bed and hurt myself on the pillow it was so hard. I couldn't imagine a world where a pillow hurts you until that time. I ended up using the decorative cushion because it made it feel like it wasn't a rock.
No free breakfast, the buffet is 1000yen. For the price, pretty normal but other chains would give you free breakfast though at a lesser quality.
Ethernet cables are given in the room but no free wifi but this is pretty standard business hotel fare.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank lana190
ms-yokohama, 支配人 at Hotel MyStays Yokohama, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Thank you very much for selecting Hotel Mystays Yokohama during your recent business travel. Thank you for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor. We are sorry for not providing you enough train information about surrounding area, such as Sakuragi-cho and China town. There are actually two lines, which are Keikyu line and Yokohama Municipal subway near the hotel. To get to China town and Minatomirai, you can take a subway. It is an approximately 5 minutes ride.

Thank you for your kind comments on the amenities. We apologize for inconvenience of the room. We have been fixing the room if there is a problem for daily basis. Also in terms of the pillow, there are two types of pillows that we prepared: the regular one and low rebound pillow. We definitely consider more improvements of them in the futures.

Unfortunately, we do not offer free breakfast. The breakfast cost is 1030 Japanese yen for an adult. It is a Japanese/western style of buffet.

In April, we recently have started to connect free Wifi in both lobby and rooms.

Again, thank you very much for your comment on Hotel Mystays Yokohama. We would appreciate if we could have the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Mystays Yokohama in the future.

Takaaki Hanakawa
Maneger, Hotel Mystays Yokohama

Reviewed 22 October 2013

I know that the booking website I used says "Please note: Preferences and requests cannot be guaranteed", but when I am offered a choice of Smoking and Non-smoking rooms and I choose Non-smoking, I think of this as a requirement, not a mere preference. I NEVER book a room which is listed on the website as Smoking, so for a hotel to give us a Smoking room (on a Smoking floor) despite our booking is a form of cheating.

Room Tip: If you are a non-smoker, avoid this hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank 42again
ms-yokohama, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel MyStays Yokohama, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Thank you very much for staying Hotel Mystays Yokohama.

We are very sorry that we could not offer you a non-smoking room at that time.
We used to offer rooms that were most available at that time. It was a request bases. Since we have more smoking rooms than non-smoking, we could not response your request.

Recently we are able to offer you to choose a smoking or non-smoking room from some reservation sites. Therefore, if you choose a non-smoking, you will certainly get a non-smoking room.

Thank you very much for your comments on Hotel Mystays Yokohoma. we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to here in the future.

Nanae Aikawa
Front desk clerk, Hotel Mystays Yokohama

Reviewed 17 May 2013

My family got 2 rooms at a very affordable price. Rooms include 2 beds, TV, refrigerator, bathtub. You can also use their humidifier free of charge. The place is very convenient & can be easily accessed & easy to spot (just in case your sense of direction is not so good like mine). Outside, just a few steps away is the pay parking & a bar. Cross the other side of the street, there exists many ramen shops and 2 streets behind is a kombini (convenient store 7-11). No need to worry about food (lol!). The hotel also has a restaurant & laundry service. A few blocks away is the train station (Yokohama & Koganecho Station). Everything is at walking distance. No free wi-fi, though.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank kgarcia1130
ms-yokohama, フロント オフィス マネージャー at Hotel MyStays Yokohama, responded to this reviewResponded 19 April 2014

Thank you for selecting Hotel Mystays Yokohama for your family vacation to Yokohama.
It gives us great delight to hear you enjoyed your stay.
Currently, we have set up the WiFi at the lobby and in the room.
we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back to Hotel Mystays Yokohama.

Nanae Aikawa
Front Desk Staff Hotel Mystays Yokohama

Reviewed 5 March 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights during a work trip. The rooms was reasonably cheap and the hotel is not too hard to find (just change train once after you arrive at yokohama station and you will be right in front of the hotel). The room was ridiculously spacious, especially after spending 3 days in tokyo (although they bumped me up to a double room, so I don't know how big the single rooms are). Also, even though there is no wifi, there was an ethernet cable in the room and the internet was free. The only downside of the hotel is the location, since it is quite far from down town (count 30 to 45 minutes of walk every morning and evening). I also didn't get to try the breakfast. Except from that I the hotel was really excellent.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank plop-kun
ms-yokohama, フロント at Hotel MyStays Yokohama, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2017

Dear Guest,

Thank you for the great review of our hotel. We are glad that you enjoyed your stay. We hope to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 5 February 2012

I stayed here with some students from Australia, I found it a great hotel. Such a good location, and staff so patient and helpful with my many queries. There are some English speaking reception staff as well. Fresh, varied items for breakfast. The twin/double rooms are more spacious and comfortably appointed than other business hotels such asToyoko Inn.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business