“Wonderful experience”

Ranked #69 of 149 Hotels / Ryokan in Nikko
Duluth, Mn
“Wonderful experience”
Reviewed 16 November 2010

My sister-in-law, who lives in Tokyo, and I spent 2 nights here in October. The attention we received was wonderful. Our breakfast and dinner were served in a room across the hall from our room and we had one staff member who oversaw our room and our meals. Although she spoke almost no English, she was so attentive to our every need including letting me know that my yukata was tied on the wrong side, the side that was used to wrap the dead! She carefully rewrapped me so that I could continue in the land of the living! The meals were wonderful, artfully and symmetrically arranged on either side of the table, a beautiful display of small ceramic dishes filled with interesting and delicious foods. We were stuffed both at breakfast and at dinner. The onsen was lovely, especially the outside area and since we stayed there just before the leaves turned, we often had the outside pool all to ourselves. The staff had little English so that could be a problem but as my sister-in-law speaks Japanese, it was not an issue for us. For 800 yen, you can purchase a combined ticket to go to three other onsens within walking distance and that was also fun. I also loved walking along the narrow street where you could hear the water from the hot springs rushing downhill. All in all, our stay there was a memorable experience.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank KathyDuluth_Mn

Solo
Australia
Reviewed 4 March 2010

Great food, great staff, attention to detail... I would stay again!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Travellers also viewed these Nikko hotels
Chuzenji Onsen
Kinugawa Onsen
Hananoyado Matsuya
Hananoyado Matsuya
#33 of 149 in Nikko

Been to Meigetsuen? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Meigetsuen

Property: Meigetsuen
Address: 63 Kawaji Onsen Kawaji, Nikko 321-2611, Tochigi Prefecture
Region: Japan > Kanto > Tochigi Prefecture > Nikko > Kawaji Onsen , Kinugawa Onsen
Ranked #69 of 149 Hotels / Ryokan in Nikko
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten and Ctrip TA so you can book your Meigetsuen reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.