Steak House Mihashi
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 18 October 2013

We were given suggestions and a map of the restaurants in Nikko in our hotel. We decided to go to this steak house as it was so close and had a good reputation. It was a 5 minute walk up the hill from our hotel! The hotelier had also told us that it was good but a little expensive. However, we found it hard to pass up a steak house.
The hotel staff made a reservation for us and we were greeted by the friendly Maître d'. All the staff were gracious and friendly. Service was prompt and well spaced. We chose to have the less expensive set dinner and it was a delicious choice. The wine was very good and the soup, steak and desserts were all perfectly prepared. The sauce was added to the steak right at the table. Great flavor. So glad we made the choice to go Mihashi. Highly recommended,

2  Thank BarbaraJimVictoria

Reviewed 13 May 2013

We had planned for a fantastic feast as a reward after photographing on April10'13 around Toshogu Shrine, Taiyuinbyo, Rinnoji Temple, Kanmangafuchi Abyss since morning ...and used snacking as main walk driver.... so after the last stop at Shinkyo Bridge we headed up the small hill beside on the right for "Mihashi Steak house" and it was the perfect day for us.
We each had Tochigi steak and of course the Hen of the Woods mushrooms ...you can see from other reviewers already how yummy they are.
When I'm back there again, I would order just Tochigi steak to share and 2 x Hen of the Woods mushrooms - so I can have one all for myself, that's how good it is.

2  Thank KathThailand
Reviewed 7 March 2013 via mobile

We had a wonderful meal at the Mihashi in Jan 2013. The highlight of the meal was the sizzling plate of Hen of the Woods mushrooms. They are served on a piping hot cast iron plate. At the table the waiter then pours a garlic and beef stock sauce over them which hisses and steams and envelops you in a mouth watering aroma. The mushrooms are large coral-shaped monsters which are a satisfying meal in themselves, but are a perfect precursor to the very commendable steaks. We loved the mushrooms so much, we returned the next day and had them again for lunch. Not to be missed.

Reviewed 4 March 2012

I've eaten there a few times over the years once with family. Mainly I've had the steak Tochigi beef - but once I had the trout. Both were excellent. The steak course meal with Tochigi beef is just over $100. Regular beef steak course is around $60-$70. The course consists of an appetizer, soup, rice or bread, main course with vegetables, and dessert. They have beer and wine. Having only had the beer I can it runs about $5-$6 for a large glass.

If you have the time and money and want to treat yourself to great meal I highly recommend it but if you are only passing through Nikko you might want to stick to cheaper more Japanese options.

2  Thank ronindave
Reviewed 6 November 2011

The steak was good for Japan, and the have many options in terms of steak quality. I would recommend if looking for a nice fairly non-Japanese dinner in Nikko.

1  Thank MrsD918