“Mt. Fuji & Hakone Day Trip”

Japan Gray Line - Day Tours
Ranked #61 of 255 Tours in Tokyo
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Excellent value! Mt. Fuji is so beautiful and breathtaking! Such great pictures! The tour guide was sweet and shared a lot of useful information with us. We did this on our first full day in Tokyo, so that information helped guide us through the rest of our trip! The time spent at each stop though is short so use your time wisely! The cable car ride and cruise on Lake Ashi were so much fun too! I highly recommend!

Reviewed 28 May 2013

Fly out from Perth on a Friday pm to eventually arrive at Haneda international Airport Saturday am about 5.30 am. Eventually arrive at Hotel where check in is at 2pm. What to do? Find the 'Tours Desk' in hotel, check in luggage & smile nicely at the tour operator who makes lots of phone calls & gets us on the Japan Gray Line All Day Tour! What a day - visit all the main attractions in Tokyo, great guide & excellent information as we are driven around to the many destinations. 6pm & we are back at our hotel - check in & fall into bed. Great way to fill in the day - see an amazing amount & not waste a minute of our trip to Japan. Well done Gray Line for making the extra effort to accommodate 2 tourists who had just arrived in their magnificent city.

1  Thank Dympna R
Reviewed 9 May 2013

My wife and I went on both the Mt. Fuji/Hakone and the Tokyo Grand City Full Day tours through Gray Line and were very happy with both.
The Tokyo city tour was a good way to see a lot of the sights in the city and get an idea of where would like to spend more time later on in our trip. The tour guide was very knowledgeable and spoke excellent English. The lunch provided was fantastic and the bus was very comfortable and clean.

The Mt Fuji/Hakone tour was an amazing experience, even though when we went there was almost 0 visibility from the stop on Mt Fuji it was still a beautiful drive across the countryside with lots of interesting facts from the tour guide along the way.
I would have loved to have spent more time at Mt Fuji but as the visibility was poor there wasn't much point.
The rest of the tour was good fun, the stop at the sulfur mine provided some...interesting...smells but was still enjoyable.

Thoroughly enjoyed both tours!

Reviewed 16 March 2013 via mobile

I wanted to do a full day tour of Mt Fuji & Hakone but I only had half a day to spare & did the half day city tour instead. It took me to Tokyo Tower, drove past the Diet Building, Tokyo Station, Omote Sando, and made stops at the Meiji Shrine and the East Garden of the Imperial Palace before terminating at Ginza where I had to find my own way back which was not a problem as the bus stopped right by the Ginza station.

It was easy to book- just call the 24 hour number and show up at any of the pick up destinations at the specified time.

The tour guide Hitomi was humorous (she said her name was "Hit Me") and spoke excellent English. The bus was fairly comfortable. I think it was a good and convenient way for me to see all those sights in half a day. I could've done it myself but it would've taken me much longer trying to get from one place to another. (I went to the Hamarikyu Gardens without the tour and it took half a day just to do that) I'd say it was worth it if you don't have a lot of time. I'd do the Mt Fuji/Hakone tour next time I'm in Tokyo.

3  Thank Mrsfootloose
Reviewed 31 January 2013

On the recommendation of a friend, I took the day tour to Mt. Fuji. I never normally am intersted in mountains, but she said it was totally worth it. So I decided to do it, as it was my second time in Japan and I really wanted to see more of the country than just the city of Tokyo. And I am so glad I did! I loved driving through the countryside and seeing some smaller towns and villages (and drove by a Big Boy along the way, I haven't seen those in the US since I was a teenager!). The view of Mt. Fuji was so beautiful. Honestly, the stop that was actually on Mt. Fuji wasn't all that exciting, not much to see. We could only stop at #4, although normally they go to #5 but weather prevented it, so maybe #5 is better. Although at #4, there was this teeny gift shop, which SO randomly had roasted corn-on-the-cob, and it was really good! I haven't ever seen corn on the cob in Japan, but whatever! One thing about Japan, you see just the most random and odd things from time to time, but that's part of its charm! Anyway, the next stop was a town of Hakone which was very pretty (you have lunch first, I got an individual lunch with tempura and it was great! If you get the included lunch it's grilled chicken but I don't know what kind, I didn't see it. The individual lunch is actually cheaper and there's several options at the same place), and I enjoyed the gondola ride to a volcano area. It had a great gift shop at the top but no one spoke English so I didn't know what some of the stuff was. Try the black eggs if you find them - the shell is black from the sulfur but the inside is just like a regular egg, but supposedly they are so nutritious that you gain 7 years for every one you eat! Then there was this ride on a pirate ship (again, random) that was pretty. Then, if you do this tour. pay the little bit extra to take the bullet train back. It gets you back in 36 minutes vs 2 hours on the bus. Also, there's a Starbucks at the station! And the bullet train is just super cool anyway. I met some fellow Americans on the tour and we will definitely be catching up when we all return to the US! THe guide was fantastic, I don't remember her name in Japanese but it means "Spring" and she said we could call her that. She gave lots of wonderful information about the Japanese culture, characters, beliefs, traditions, etc, and that's what I love the most about tours - I wouldn't have learned so much just being on my own. Anyway, it's a long day but you do lots of neat stuff. If you take the bullet train, you'll be back in Tokyo around 5 or 6. And if you're taking a metro train from Tokyo station, know that a transfer is included with your bullet train ticket!

7  Thank Pyxxydust