APA Hotel Himeji Eki Kita
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Breakfast included
  • Free Internet
  • Restaurant
All reviewsgreat locationbasic necessitieshimeji castletrain stationeasy accesshotel roomjoyen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 November 2011

Located 5-10 minute walk from the station, and about 20 minutes walk for the castle. Typical business hotel, trim is not as good as the APA at Kobe Sanomiya but still nice. Breakfast buffet includes some western food and some Japanese food - decent sized, and I was quite satisfied. I was the only forreigner I saw, and it didn't seem that any of the staff had anything but rudimentary English. But I got by with rudimentary Japanese. My single sized room was bigger than I expected, and I had no problem with bedding or the like. There's a 24 hour manga cafe at the bottom floor with Internet.

I stayed in a Sunday night, and the price was outstanding - cheap even by rural American standards, and by far the cheapest place I stayed in Japan. If you want to see the castle in the afternoon (still under rennovation- see Trip Advisor's castle review site) and wanted to stay here for the niight, I'd recommend it.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 7 April 2010

We stayed here for one night mainly so we could see the castle that day. We arrived early and the hotel looked after our bags for us. My comments would match the previous reviewers. I was amazed though by the pillows. I have seen almost every type of pillow torture in Japan now but these were truly unbelievable-a bag of gravel. Not just a thin layer on one side but a full bag of gravel! Thankfully they did have another softer pillow when we went looking. There is no way anyone could have slept on the ones provided.
Just as an aside the day we went to the castle another 10,498 people turned up and it really was not an enjoyable experience. in hindsight I would have preferred that we stored our bags at the railway station and continued on to Hiroshima at the end of the day.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 January 2010

Stayed one night. They looked after our cases as we arrived early so that we could go to the Castle. The hotel is a 6 minute walk to the castle and a 5 minute walk to the station. The rooms are very clean but a bit small. The staff speak good English and are very helpful. We found our room too hot as the airconditoner would only heat. They were most apologetic and immediately moved us to another room - even though we had used the room we were allocated. A very client centric hotel. Breakfast can be pre-ordered the night before. We did not use the service. The room and hotel is very clean and the rooms have cable high speed internet.

Himeji castle was great ask for an English guide if you speak English it is a free service. The tourist information desk is at the station. They also lend out free bicycles to see the city. If you are pressed for time you can visit Himeji and then go onto Hiroshima.

The gardens were disappointing - most probably as it was winter

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 April 2008

Nice location near JR station, not that far away from the castle. Clean hotel, friendly service but the room was really small. Bathroom, bed, table, chair and only few sq.ft. space! No view.

• Stayed: March 2008, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Reviewed 20 December 2007

Stayed in the Washington Plaza in Dec 07 for one night.

Located basically on the way from the station to the castle, the hotel is convenient. Room was relatively small, and god only knows what is going on with those pillows, but overall the rest of the place was good.

We found it a good overnight base to see both Hiroshima and Himeji castle over a day and a half.

• Stayed: December 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)