“Good for a business trip”
Review of Itami City Hotel

Itami City Hotel
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels / Ryokan in Itami
Ascot, United Kingdom
“Good for a business trip”
Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Good location in Central Itami City, both the station and the large new shopping centre are within walkable distance

Rooms are large by Japanese standards in western style, and have everything you need

Breakfast was a mix of Western and Japanese style

Price was very reasonable, so overall good stay

Would stay again

Stayed January 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

I booked this hotel while visiting my grandparents in Itami. As expected with Japanese hotels, the rooms were clean and service was good. I forgot my AC adapter converter for my laptop (purchased in the US), so the hotel lent me one free of charge, as along as I returned it when checking out. The hotel is close to both the Hankyu and JR train stations which makes the location very convenient.

Stayed December 2013
Giessen, Germany
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Nice and convenient hotel in the center. Rooms are spaceous for japanese conditions. Room rate incl. free WiFi was 8,000 Yen and reasonable. Breakfast was more japanese than western. Close to the train station to get to Shin Kobe station for the Shinkansen. For business 1-2 days it is fine. Aircondition was only heating, was warm in the room, but japanese like that. Would come back.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Leyland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2013

Small town business hotel. Staff friendly as usual, try to help.
The hotel is adequate and is good value.
The major complaint is the airconditioning in the room. I've stayed here in Summer and Winter, and have never worked out how to get a comfortable temperature. Usually far too hot for me.
The rooms are showing a bit of wear and tear, but clean enough.
Breakfast buffet is OK, you wont starve.

Room Tip: ask the lobby how to control the room temperature - ive never worked it out.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Osaka, Japan
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My husband was on a business trip in Itami this autumn and we stayed here for quite a long time. The room and service were great. The staffs were friendly as they tried their best to speak English and always follow up on your needs. Location wise it is very strategic. Near to JR & Hankyu (railway), Viva Itami (shopping area) and AEON Mall so all within walking distance. I moved to a budget hotel in Osaka on my last week and that one was a downturn. Overall, two thumbs up and thank you to all the staffs.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Massachusetts, USA
Reviewed 1 October 2013

You get what you pay for at 8,000 yen a night. Overheated small room with dated facilities, but fairly clean (if you don't study the carpet too closely). Breakfast buffet included, but pretty blaaah. Wired Internet included and works fine - have to ask for cable. Fine if you are on a tight budget, but since I normally expect to pay about twice this rate and up, I would very much hope not to have to return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Rangiora, New Zealand
Reviewed 20 November 2012

I was very pleasantly surprised at the size of my room for a Japanese hotel. I was up on the 10th floor so had a great view of the city. I stayed one week and because I had booked so late I had to move rooms for one night. This was achieved with the minimum of fuss. The reception staff were most helpful, although at times we had a bit of difficulty with translation as I don't speak any Japanese, but in the end we worked it out. As a New Zealander I found the room a little hot at night - it is autumn - even with the air conditioning/heating on low, but it would have been fine for others. I ate from the buffet with family members one evening. I am gluten intolerant and we were able to look at the food available prior. There was adequate for me to eat, and I thought the buffet more than adequate by New Zealand standards.

The only difficulty was that wifi needs a cable and my tablet did not have a cable port. However, for those with laptops with a cable port this is available at the desk, and I noticed later in my stay that laptops with cable could be rented by the day.

The hotel is right in the centre of Itami and there are a number of shopping alleys, giving a small insight into more traditional Japan. I would most definitely stay here again as the room rate was also very good. Complimentary English paper delivered every morning.

Room Tip: As I had a room on both sides of the hotel I can say both were great.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Also consider these accommodations in or near Itami
Osaka Ariport Station
Miyako Hotel New Archaic
#2 of 10 in Amagasaki
Takarazuka Hotel
#2 of 4 in Takarazuka

Been to Itami City Hotel? Share your experiences!