“Good Airport Hotel”

Kanku Onsen Hotel Garden Palace
Singapore, Singapore
“Good Airport Hotel”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

My flight into KIX landed at 9.10PM and I wanted to stay a night and meet up with friends around Izumisano the next day before heading off to Kyoto and Osaka. Chose this hotel because it actually had an onsen bath and was cheap enough even for solo travellers. Unfortunately I had booked for the next night by accident, and was left waiting for the shuttle bus that never came to the airport, until I called the number at the bus stop and they were nice enough to send the shuttle down for me even though it was just for one person (which they didn't even have on file as having booked a room) and it was long past their scheduled shuttle bus slot. I was very touched since it was really me who screwed up.

The shuttle took only a short while and pulled into a rather quaint hotel in a nice neighbourhood in Izumisano. The room was small, but this is normal for the price range, the ensuite bathroom was small but I didn't really need it because I was aiming for the onsen bath, which was lovely. They even had a little fridge of very-nostalgic milk in glass bottles, which I bought because cold milk after a long bath is always good. The staff were all very understanding and nice, and even though I was a solo female foreigner I felt very safe.

The next day I ventured out for breakfast on my own, but at the timing I was aiming for, only MacDonalds along the main road was open, but MacDonalds breakfasts in other countries are always an adventure. Check-out was a breeze, and they got me on the earlier shuttle bus towards the airport with no fuss, even though I asked to be dropped off at Rinku Premium Outlets instead (it was closer to Rinku Town train station which was where I was headed).

Generally, my experience was pretty good. I usually look for interesting non-business hotels to stay in when I'm in Japan, even better if they have an onsen bath, and this hotel did it all, with a low price, clean room and clean sheets, free internet (via LAN cable), ensuite toilet and bath, and nice and understanding staff. There really isn't much choice when it comes to airport hotels near KIX (I would know, I'm looking at the choices again for an upcoming March trip with the same flight timing) and Kanku Onsen is a pretty good choice if you like onsen baths, at least it's something different from other more soulless western airport hotels!

Point to note: I can speak Japanese relatively fluently, so communication with the staff was in Japanese, I didn't get to test their command of the English language, but there were some Chinese-speaking guests checking out before me and they seemed to be able to handle them in English.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled solo
6 Thank ricepapergirl

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Travellers also viewed these Izumisano hotels
Hotel Nikko Kansai Airport
Kanku Joytel Hotel
Kanku Joytel Hotel
#7 of 20 in Izumisano
Bellevue Garden Hotel Kansai International Airport

Been to Kanku Onsen Hotel Garden Palace? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Kanku Onsen Hotel Garden Palace

Property: Kanku Onsen Hotel Garden Palace
Address: 1-3-51 Nakamachi, Izumisano 598-0013, Osaka Prefecture
Region: Japan > Kinki > Osaka Prefecture > Izumisano > Kanku Onsen
Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Restaurant Room Service Shuttle Bus service Spa Airport Transportation
Ranked #4 of 20 Hotels / Ryokan in Izumisano
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): £
Hotel Class:3 star — Kanku Onsen Hotel Garden Palace 3*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Rakuten, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Agoda, Ebookers, Priceline, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Cancelon and Evoline ltd so you can book your Kanku Onsen Hotel Garden Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Kanku Onsen Hotel Garden Palace Osaka Prefecture, Japan - Izumisano