Lowest prices for your stay
US$67
Free cancellation until 18/12/21
Hotels.comUS$67
PricelineUS$70
eDreamsUS$84
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Stayed at this hotel for 11 days and really enjoyed the location next to the Wakayama Castle and surrounding gardens. There was a huge dance festival the last two days, so I got to see lots of that too, with the parades going right by outside. As part of a large sport group, we had our own dining room and pre arranged menu. The food was plain and healthy. My room was perfect: good size for one, nice sheets, excellent air conditioning and fantastic castle views.

The downsides? no pool or gym, and there was a bizarre indoor smoking room with no doors, on the fourth floor, outside our dining room. Also, the bed was firm and the pillows firmer.

Despite these shortfalls, I’d stay there again. Excellent staff and service.

Date of stay: August 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

this hotel lobby on the 5th floor ,with view of wakayama castle side ,other side is the city view .room cleanliness is japan standard and facilities : power saved small fridge,LCD TV ,ironing pad, aeqquate shower space.ready to drink drip coffee with electric kettle, many power outlet and USB cable for PC or rent PC.bath space is quite wide with bathtub ,hot/cool shower.disadvantage is location between 2 main train stations,JR wakayama AND wakayamashi with approx.15 minutes walk.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 14 July 2018 via mobile

Arrival to the fifth floor seemed odd, but not as odd as the hour I had to wait because they would not check me in as the payment system was down. That’s right, after a very long trip, I had to wait to pay before I was checked in.
My room had a fantastic view of the castle, and not much else. It was very small, with a small bed pushed against the wall, and a tiny bathroom, which at least had one of those fabulous Japanese toilets.
I was stunned at the meanness of the towels - just one, and it was the smallest, thinnest towel I have ever been offered anywhere in the world.
So, for me, the comfort level was just adequate. My Japanese is next to useless, and the staff I experienced had virtually no English. I was fortunate to have Japanese companions.
I will say, however, that the breakfast was wonderful and I loved trying all the Japanese dishes, including the plums that the region is famous for.
I also appreciated the lovely courtesy of the staff.

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 7 May 2018

I was rather lucky to have a good offer of this hotel otherwise I would not have stayed here.
Reception staff are just cordial but nothing special. Room was spacious and clean and it was obvious that this hotel is of high quality.
Breakfast too was excellent; so far the best breakfast I had in many of the hotels with varieties of dishes, especially Wakayama special food like sour Plum pickles of different kinds.

Room tip: This hotel is located in between two main stations and centre of the town.
Date of stay: March 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 1 May 2018

The hotel is right in front of the Wakayama Castle. If you got a room facing the castle, the view is gorgeous during the day or night. The check-in front desk is on the 5th floor. Not sure if all Daiwa hotels are like that as this is the second Daiwa I stayed at and both have their check-in on the 5th floor. The parking lot was not in the same building but the one behind it. The parking fee is 1,000 yen a day, fairly reasonable.
The room itself was a good size for Japan, clean and comfortable. A definite plus was that it has a massage chair in the room. It would have been even better if there were English translations for the control but can't complain.
The staff was professional and spoke very good English. As with almost every single Japan hotel I stayed at for the past many years, the staff was courteous and very nice. The check-in process was smooth and the check-out was even better.
There are not much in the area for food or shopping but a Family Mart convenience store right downstairs would keep you going at least temporary.
The only downside to our stay that may be worth mentioning is the lack of temperature control in the room. Or to be precise, as it was only the spring when we visited, they had turned off the cooling function of the temperature control. That is a problem for a person who likes it cool. The temperature during the day was in the very pleasant low 20s and low teens in the evening. But it was in the mid to high 20s in the room. If we opened the window, it was tolerable but not comfortable during the day. At night, it could be noisy as our room faced the castle and therefore also faced the road between the hotel and the castle. I was woken up on two different evenings by car noises.
Other than that, it was a very pleasant stay.

Room tip: The rooms facing the castle have beautiful views but could be noisy if you open the window.
Date of stay: April 2018