“Helpful staff & excellent location”

Ranked #4 of 190 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed 18 August 2013

The location was excellent just off the Tenjin Minami stop on the bus from Hakata station and by the airport train line. About a 15 min walk to Canal City.
The staff was very helpful with directions and super polite at check-in. Ask for a map that has Ippudo and Ichicran labeled!
The room has wifi and is small (which is common in business hotels), clean, and nicely furnished.
The restaurant has a good breakfast buffet.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 August 2013

I stayed at this Richmond Hotel for 2 nights (3-5 August 2013) and I will never be disappoint to stay at this hotel. My room is spotless (either room size is small, but it is functional). Location is great as you can walk 5 mins to Subway Station (Tenjin Station) and lots of shopping and eatery in the area.
I would recommend my friends to stay there and also I will be happy to stay there in my next visit to Fukuoka.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2013

It's next to Loft and close to Tenjin Nan station. The hotel staff are able to speak English which helped me a lot. The room space was good. It has space for two suitcases. You could choose corner double if you want a real queen-sized bed. It has free wifi in the room as well which fitted the current need of most of the people.

Room Tip: Choose corner double if you want a real queen-sized bed. The space was good. It has space for two...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
rnt_fukuoka_tenjin, マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2013

Thank you for staying with us this time.
We are so happy that you had a confortable time here in this Fukuoka.
All our rooms including corner double are specious for everyone to stay.
All the time we are trying to improve quality of our hospitality to meet the
demand or requests from guests.
If you have any questions feel free to ask us any time.
We look forward to seeing you again in the near future.
Thank you for posting.

Reviewed 7 June 2013

The hotel is located in the shopping district of Tenjin, next to the Loft store. The taxi fare to the hotel from the airport is approximately JPY2,000 depending on traffic. I booked a non-smoking twin room which is of average size. A kettle is provided for coffee and tea making. Our hotel rate is inclusive of breakfast. There is a small buffet spread of either Japanese or Western breakfast. However there are no fried eggs available. Upon check in you are informed to prepay for the room for the duration of your stay through a cash machine. You can either pay by cash or credit card. The rate for a Saturday night is nearly double that of weekdays.The staff is polite and courteous and most of them know a bit of English. Transportation around the city is by underground train or by bus. We took the bus which cost us a minimum of JPY100. We also did a lot of walking to visit the shrines and temples.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Getz
Reviewed 23 May 2013

Enjoyed my stay here. Rooms are very clean and bed was comfortable. I booked a deluxe double room on the hotel's website about two weeks before I arrived. It was almost the same price as a single room, only $10 difference. I would recommend this hotel to friends.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 May 2013

Followed tips from other trip advisor members and rented a corner room on the top floor. Lovely room, nice size for a business hotel. The amenities were good, the front desk help was nice and helpful. The breakfast was fine.
I can not find any fault with this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 May 2013

My experience with early Japanese hotel was not too good. Its about communication. But I think I am in love with the word Richmond. In Manila, it was great and same here in Fukuoka. I can't speak Japanese so I was going through all the sign language I could use. However, language was no boundary and made my trip a success. I was shopping loads of stuffs as it was my first time in Fukuoka. I was taken care well for all my rush in-rush out in the hotel. No issues at all with cleanliness and decorations. I loved the minute details they put in maintaining for room where I stayed for 2 nights. Must mention the kind of guide I received by senior looking cleaning lady. We were talking in two different language but I understood everything she told.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul L
rnt_fukuoka_tenjin, マネージャー at Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2013

Thank you for staying with us this time. We appreciate for your warm messege to us. We are in the center of Fukuoka, Japan. Everytime we accept tremendous numbers of business persons, families, sightseers, and so forth from home and abroad all times a year. For those people we are trying to improve quality of service. If you have a chance to visit Fukuoka again we sincerely hope that you choose our hotel for your stay and dining. In our restaurant "Yako-hai" we serve Japanese and Western foods in buffet style in breakfast and mainly casual Italian foods and wines in lunch and dinner time. On your visit to our hotel in the future if you have questions or requests feel free to speak to us any time. We look forward to seeing you again. Thank you for posting.
Gegeral Manager