I travel on business frequently in Japan and on a modest budget. Stayed two nights for business at The Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin and will do so again. Took a non-smoking corner queen room 12,000 yen (with breakfast) and will request that next time as well. Several things I can recommend about this place:
1. Fast Check-in; don't let the automated key card despenser fool you, the service at the front is personal and it makes Check out swift as well.
2. You walk into the room and the rooms hall is wide and welcoming. That's rare even in this grade of hotel in Japan. Plenty of room for me and my bags to get in without a contortion act.
3. The room is fully loaded. A charger for every kind of phone and smart phone, and an iPod dock speaker. A huge TV (maybe too big?) Iron, and room humidifier ( must in winter). Hot water pot, fridge, etc.
4. EASY TO USE air-conditioning. If you stay in Japan's hotels you know this can be a big problem.
5. Great location in Tenjin for station and area dining. An easy walk to the Maizuru area and the Yatai food stalls in Nakasu as well. Just pop out of the hotel for a whole range of coffee houses, casual and fine dining. Two car rental agencies across the street
6. A very nice in hotel restaurant for breakfast (recommend) and I noticed it was packed in the evening too.
For this grade of hotel it is the best I have experienced.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA and Ebookers so you can book your Richmond Hotel Fukuoka Tenjin reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Richmond Hotel Fukuoka