“Beautiful Hotel and excellent value!”

Sutton Hotel Hakata City
Ranked #76 of 185 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Singapore
“Beautiful Hotel and excellent value!”
Reviewed 15 October 2009

We stayed in the Deluxe Twin room for 2 nights. The room was very modern and stylish. Space was decent enough for 4 adults. The bathroom was surprisingly spacious by Japanese standards and I loved the fittings! It is about a 5 min walk from the JR Hakata Train station and there are bus stops right outside the hotel entrance with connections to all major sights.

If we are ever in Fukuoka again, this is where we will stay.. without a doubt!

• Stayed November 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank Trumommy

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 20 February 2009

This hotel is lovely! It is beautifully furnished and decorated, it is a hotel presented to be modern and stylish.

Lobby: The staffs were helpful, some staffs speak English relatively well. We checked-in and out without too much trouble. The staffs even offered us umbrellas when it was raining outside - very considerate of them! At the lobby it offered guests traveling size facial washers, cotton buds and hair ties for free.

Room: It was beautiful, had everything you need:- kettle, cups, table, chairs, shampoo, hair conditioner, body washer, hair dryer, hair brush, shavers, tooth brushes and tooth paste, TV, pillows, PJs...etc.

We booked 2 rooms, a standard double (for 2 ppl.) and a delux twin (for 3 ppl.) The standard double appeared to be a little bit cramped at first sight, this is due to the way the chairs and table were positioned in the room. You can always reposition them in ways that suits you most. The delux twin room was very spacious and the TV in that room was huge! A very comfortable room indeed.

Hotel: The hotel is situated near the train station. It is a bit of a walk (10 min. walk with luggage) but it is relatively easy to find and access all other areas within the Fukuoka area. There is also a 100yen bus loop right outside the hotel that takes you to various attraction sights - it was just what we needed!

Our stay was a comfortable one, we stayed for 2 nights and we enjoyed our sleeping experience there! I think this is a pretty amazing hotel and I would definitely come back for another stay in the near future.

• Liked — Comfort
  • Disliked — n/a
  • Stayed January 2009
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank lady0421
Hong Kong
Reviewed 11 November 2008

I haven't stayed in this hotel before but just found the hotel photos from web are so attractive, then I made a reservation for my stay in the mid of October.

The hotel location is ok. I only walk about 8-10 minutes from JR Hakata station. To Canal City, I only walk about 8 minutes from hotel to there. Outside the hotel, there is a bus-stop of 100 Yen. Very convenient!!!

In the hotel, there is a 24-hours front desk service and the receptionists are helpful & nice. For guest room, it is out of my expectation coz the size is big & very tidy. The accessories & facilities in the room are new & stylish. It gives me a pleasant feeling during my stay.

I am happy that I make a good choice for this hotel. I also recommend my friends to stay this hotel when they go to Hakata.

• Liked — tidy, comfortable
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank idasweetdream