“Near the back of JR Hakata Station”

Hakata Green Hotel 2
Ranked #31 of 186 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Manila, Philippines
“Near the back of JR Hakata Station”
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights. The room was small compared to the one I stayed in Nagasaki. But the bed was comfy and you can get free pillows. The aircon/heater at this time was calibrated to heater so it will be hot in the room when you turn it on--I usually open the window. I hate having to leave my key at the front desk every time I go out. THEY FORGOT TO CLEAN MY ROOM DURING MY LAST NIGHT. And I had so much trash. There might have been a notice about it near the elevator, but I don't read those things.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 18 February 2014

At 2014/02/03, I left Hakata Green Hotel No.2, but I forgot to unplug the Camera Charging Pack in the Room. When I arrived the International Airport, I called back to Hotel Front-Desk & requested them to send it back to my home address & they can charge my credit card for Shipment Fee. However, the clark just replied me that they didn't have such service. It makes me quite unhappy, because in many tourist articles, they all recommand about JP's good services, but I didn't feel it.

I also have the same situation in USA and they did send my missing stuff back to my Home Address.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
KL, Malaysia
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

excellent location. plenty of food & shopping nearby, including a huge daiso. 3 mins walk from Hakata station. rooms are a lot larger than the standard room sizes in Tokyo & Osaka. interior, furniture & fittings very dated. but hotel is clean. if you're a light sleeper, the sound of the trains may disturb your sleep. stayed in twin & tripled room.

• Stayed January 2014
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you are going on vacation from Australia than you will feel all Japanese room tiny unless you are happy to pay hefty price. I booked the double smoke free room but I was given standard room due to confusion. I was advised to pay extra for upgrade :-$ I showed the staff email from my iphone, he spoke with duty manager in Japanese and I was given bit bigger room. The Room is basic as other hotel. But the best part was hotel staff admitted and gave me free upgrade on top I was feeling bit sick (bit cold) the night duty manager gave me medicine (1 small packet dose). My wife was scared but after having that one dose I felt better and I was ok from next day :-)
The point I am trying to highlight is the staff is very helpful and down to earth. The other biggest advantage is the Location 2 min walk to Hakata Station.

Room are small and the bed is not very good, we use room as medium for sleeping as most of the day we were out.

Good Luck

Room Tip: The Room are extremely small, The standard room can fit 2 but its only for 1 person. If you are on v...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 October 2013

We were in a wing off the main building which didn't look as nice as the main building. The lobby smelled of smoke, but the room was non-smoking and was fine. The room was tired looking in terms of bed linen etc, and was very small. We had too single beds which were fairly uncomfortable but fine, but there was no room for our bags at all. It'd be okay if you were there with an overnight bad but with suitcases it was difficult. We did have wifi though which was a bonus, and it is immediately next to the station.

I can't comment on cost as we were put up here by JAL after our flight was cancelled.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank sheldita

Travellers are raving about these Fukuoka hotels

New York City, New York
Reviewed 22 September 2013 via mobile

The room is extremely small and the bathroom too. It is smaller than the typically already small japanese room.

We stayed int the western style room, not in the ryokan type as we had stayed a year prior.

The bed and pillow need extreme upgrading.

The location is great although not the greatest

• Stayed July 2013
Leeton
Reviewed 21 July 2013

Great accommodation next to the station - so handy and very cheap. Vending machines on most floors and plenty of eateries nearby. Good for a couple of nights as a base for a sleep! The rooms are very small but functional, as are many rooms in Japanese Hotels. Would stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends