“So convenient......”

Hakata Green Hotel 2
Ranked #33 of 193 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed 4 May 2014

This hotel is really so convenient, as it is so near the train station, with many stores and restaurants nearby...... this is our first time to to sleep the Japanese way - "tatami"- in Japan and experience is quite ok too...the room is okay for three persons.....room and bathroom are clean.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family

Reviewed 18 April 2014

Think Japan and majority has the thinking that it's going to be expensive going for a holiday to the Land of the Rising Sun.
Not quite so after our first trip to Japan, though only to the city of Fukuoka - which honestly never really heard before planning a trip there.
Staying at Hakata Green Hotel 2, just 2-minute max. walk from Hakata station East exit, the cost was at least S$30 cheaper than staying at a Inn in TST Hong Kong per night!
The double room, though not that big, have all the thoughtfulness to ensure you have a comfortable stay.
Around is the JR Hakata and another shopping mall with lots of Japanese eating places which are far more affordable than you dine at one in Singapore.
About 5-7 minutes walk away from the hotel is one of the main shopping place in Fukuoka - Canal City Hakata.
The only not so good thing about the hotel is probably you may still smell a bit of smoke though it was a non-smoking level rooms.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Desmond L
Reviewed 16 April 2014

room was very tiny but most of Japan biz hotels are small so it was ok.
perfect location!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hotel room condition was good and clean and nice staffs.
bed was good and comfortable.
if i visit Fukuoka again, defntly this hotel again!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

I stayed here 4 nights. The room was small compared to the one I stayed in Nagasaki. But the bed was comfy and you can get free pillows. The aircon/heater at this time was calibrated to heater so it will be hot in the room when you turn it on--I usually open the window. I hate having to leave my key at the front desk every time I go out. THEY FORGOT TO CLEAN MY ROOM DURING MY LAST NIGHT. And I had so much trash. There might have been a notice about it near the elevator, but I don't read those things.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 February 2014

At 2014/02/03, I left Hakata Green Hotel No.2, but I forgot to unplug the Camera Charging Pack in the Room. When I arrived the International Airport, I called back to Hotel Front-Desk & requested them to send it back to my home address & they can charge my credit card for Shipment Fee. However, the clark just replied me that they didn't have such service. It makes me quite unhappy, because in many tourist articles, they all recommand about JP's good services, but I didn't feel it.

I also have the same situation in USA and they did send my missing stuff back to my Home Address.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 4 February 2014 via mobile

excellent location. plenty of food & shopping nearby, including a huge daiso. 3 mins walk from Hakata station. rooms are a lot larger than the standard room sizes in Tokyo & Osaka. interior, furniture & fittings very dated. but hotel is clean. if you're a light sleeper, the sound of the trains may disturb your sleep. stayed in twin & tripled room.

• Stayed: January 2014
Reviewed 7 November 2013

If you are going on vacation from Australia than you will feel all Japanese room tiny unless you are happy to pay hefty price. I booked the double smoke free room but I was given standard room due to confusion. I was advised to pay extra for upgrade :-$ I showed the staff email from my iphone, he spoke with duty manager in Japanese and I was given bit bigger room. The Room is basic as other hotel. But the best part was hotel staff admitted and gave me free upgrade on top I was feeling bit sick (bit cold) the night duty manager gave me medicine (1 small packet dose). My wife was scared but after having that one dose I felt better and I was ok from next day :-)
The point I am trying to highlight is the staff is very helpful and down to earth. The other biggest advantage is the Location 2 min walk to Hakata Station.

Room are small and the bed is not very good, we use room as medium for sleeping as most of the day we were out.

Good Luck

Room Tip: The Room are extremely small, The standard room can fit 2 but its only for 1 person. If you are on v...