“Walk through the middle of the lake”
Review of Ohori Park

Ohori Park
Reviewed 14 June 2014

The Ohori Park was very beautiful and the island and bridges that cross the middle of the lake are a great way to see the park or to just sit back and relax. There were plenty of people riding in boats, driving boats, and just relaxing when I visited.

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Honestly, it still puzzles me why this is the #1 attraction in Fukuoka. Maybe it is because we did not visit this when the cherry blossoms are blooming. We have been to many parks in Japan and this is by far, the least attractive. Very ordinary, in fact.

The biggest saving grace was that we stumbled into Maizuru Park nearby and saw the peonies in full bloom.........

Unless I stay near here or there is some kind of a special event, I would not bother to make my way to this park.

3  Thank MouMou
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I love this park! I stayed in Fukuoka on a business trip for around a month and visited this park on the weekends. There are cycle tracks and jogging lanes around the beautiful lake for people who wanted to get some exercise. There were peaceful benches in quiet spots to sit relax and enjoy the view. People were fishing and feeding carp, we also spotted some little turtles in the lake. It has a children's play area and a beautiful traditional Japanese garden to stroll through. It's also a great place to go to for any one who likes photography. Brilliant park, well worth a visit!

1  Thank Lisa3183
Reviewed 18 April 2014

Taking a walk around Ohori park viewing the Cherry Blossom was relaxing and there were a few places to visit other than the Ohori Park, like the castle ruins and the museum..

2  Thank Desmond L
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Very good park and have tipical Japanese sights. there's a museum near this park and very easy to access from hakata station and fukuoka airport.