“Superb location, modern, good service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hakata Tokyu REI Hotel

Hakata Tokyu REI Hotel
Ranked #8 of 185 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Hong Kong
“Superb location, modern, good service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2013

I don't think I to find another hotel next time visiting Fukuoka unless this hotel is full.

I'm on my 4 weeks adventure in Japan from Hokkaido to Fukuoka and this hotel is my last leg. I mainly stay in 4000-6000yen/night/person/single room range of hotel. I would say this hotel is one of the best two among a dozen of hotels i stayed during my entire journey (the other best being Best Western Fino in Sapporo).

The room is spacious (not american type of spacious!) but it's at least 30% bigger than any other hotels i stayed in Japan with the same price range. The design of the room is modern and clean, comes with a Bang & Olufsen phone too. Smart choice. The shower room is not typical capsule shower you can find in most other japanese hotel, it's a more proper and decorated bathroom.

Location is superb. It's 2-3mins walk from Hakata station, 5-10mins walk to Canal City where you can find more popular shops and lots of different type of ramen restaurants. Convenience store is nearby, don't worry about late night crave of food.

Service is nice. Staff speak english and helpful. And laundry is free too!

This hotel is no doubt my first choice hotel in Fukuoka.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank alan-hob

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Honolulu, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 April 2013

We stayed here for 3 days in November 2012. The price was very reasonable - we booked through Japanican - and included breakfast. We loved the delicious croissants at breakfast, which also included yogurt, salad, pasta, boiled eggs, bagels, and beverages. It was a great value! The location of this hotel is so convenient - minutes to the train, bus, and subway stations. There are many restaurants and wonderful shopping in this area. Don't miss Yodobashi Camera, a store full of appliances, cameras, electronics - we loved it! There is a washer-dryer available in the hotel at no charge. We really liked staying here.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2013

Very convenience location near train station. Room is clean and comfortable for living. Shower room is modern with massage shower unlike other traditional Japanese hotels. Breakfast is charged additional at affordable price. Not so variety but healthy enough to start a good day. Highly recommended!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed at the Bizfort four nights in March 2013. It was my husband and I with our 5 and 1 year old. The larger room with two beds were sold out so we stayed in a room with just one bed. Luckily i am small and so are my kids. There was just enough room to put our two suitcases. The rooms were very clean. Our room only had a shower but we loved the shower heads (rain typefrom above, body spray and a detachable spray) and water pressure. We did have trouble with our air conditioner. I think it's because it's in Japanese and we couldn't tell which setting we had it at. There was a small window which we kept open and the cool air from outside kept it nice. The hotel staff were really nice and helpful. The location is great. A minute walk to the train station. Easy access to the basement, 1st floor or second level. The walk is covered almost the entire way so even if it's raining it's easy to get to the station. The station has a lot of shopping, restaurants and entertainment available. The close proximity to the station gives you easy access to the train/subway lines, bus and taxi (although hotel will call the taxi for you). We will surely stay here again should we visit Fukuoka. Highly recommended.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Lyamauchi
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2013

Pros: clean, reasonable price, kind staff, location (5minutes walking distance to Hakata station).
Cons: small room, no room service, breakfast not included in room charge.

The hotel is very clean everywhere and staff are also nice but the room is too small for two people to spend time; it is for sleeping only really. It has no space to store luggage also. I would recommend you to book here only if you are fine with a very small room.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank kingandc
Seoul, Seoul, South Korea
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 August 2012

I stayed in this hotel for 3nights in this month. I stayed on the 12th floor which only women can stay ( ladies floor ) Security was good, and location was fantastic! It only took 5 min to get to Hakata bus terminal and hakata city shoppingmall was also very close from this hotel. Staffs were very friendly and one of Japanese woman staffs was very impressive! She caught an elevator for us in mid-night and made a bow to us very politely after we took the elevator. There was a Korean male staff ( I dont know he is Korean or Korean Japanese though.. ) so I had no problems to communicate with staffs, and most Japanses staffs can speak basic English. I already knew that many Japanese business hotel rooms are small so the room size doesn't matter to me. but this hotel is obviously bigger than other Japanese business hotels which I stayed in the past and facilites were very brand new and clean. I know most Japanse are very friendly but this hotel's staffs were more special. They were very friendly as much as the staffs who work in name brand hotels like Sheraton , Hyatt, Hilton.. The hotel was very silent so I could take a high quality relax and there were cleaners in charge in each rooms and i could check my room's cleaner's name on the blanket when I checked in so seems they worked with a full sense of responsibility. The cleaners tried not to meet guests on the floor and when they met us on the floor by accident they made a bow to us and hided themselves very quickly. If I get a chance to visit Fukuoka again, I will definitely stay in this hotel again!

Room Tip: If you are a woman, Stay on the ladies floor. ( 12nd floor )