Hotel Nikko Fukuoka
US$68
US$65
US$47
1,267 results
All reviewshakata stationconcierge staffunderground passageluxury roomconvenient locationhotel is excellentconnecting roomsair purifieramu plazafree wificomfortable hoteltwin bedsminute walkthree nightsdirect accessenglish speaking staffclose proximity
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 March 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights in February. Is a 5-10 minutes walk from the main station in Hakata. Check in took awhile. Room was ok with twin beds. Was told not many Japanese like double beds so they mostly have twin beds in the hotel. Rooms were hot. Bathroom was a good size. Walking around Fukuoka was a lot of fun, even tho we got lost. The underground walk ways and shopping areas are amazing and again we would get lost trying to find our way back to where we started from.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank watts54
Reviewed 21 January 2014

We had a beautiful Suite (twin beds), the staff is very helpful, the rooms was ok.
Be aware of high humidity (we had even dehumidifiers in each room of the suite).
Nice and fast room service. Close to the Hakata Train Station.
Breakfast Buffet, good.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank FLuisi
Reviewed 29 December 2013

The fact that this is Nikko hotel tells you just how good it is. In a recent trip to Kyushu, my wife and I stayed at the Nikko for only one night and were travelling on and then returning to Fukuoka. However the Nikko was booked during the time were we returning. Our loss. Better than average rooms and all that goes with that in Japan. I am planning to do reviews of the meals we ate at the Nikko - just superb

Room Tip: Make sure to take in the breakfast buffet - the greatest croissants we have every had.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Chris B
Reviewed 22 December 2013

The hotel is easy to reach: only a couple mins walk from Hakata station. Rooms are standard Nikko rooms: clean, tidy, comfy bed, fast free wifi.

We can always rely on Nikko hotels and this is our 3rd Nikko hotel that we stayed in (the others were in Kanazawa and Kansai Airport Osaka). All of them have the same level of good service which is why we keep choosing them.

During our two night stay in Fukuoka it rained constantly. As a result we didn't get to see much of the city (above ground). However we spent a lot of fun time in the underground shopping city instead. Close by the hotel, if you go towards Hakata station and see stairs going down, then you're practically in an underground city. The are surrounding the hotel and underneath Hakata station is full of restaurants and cafés so you will never ever feel hungry.

Hakata station has Tokyu Hands store and I spent hours in there! Shopping is really cool here. The city has a young vibe to it. As the hotel is so close by we kept going back to the hotel to dump our shopping and come back out again. It is really so convenient.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank wiriask
Reviewed 19 December 2013

While travelling through Japan I stayed five nights in a hotel in Fukuoka near Canal City. On my way back to Tokyo I stayed one night in Nikko Fukuoka. Had I known before, I would have stayed at Hotel Nikko for the entire period. Hotel Nikko is located opposite the station and this area offers so much more than the dodgy Canal City area.

Being close to the station, it is easier to make day trips. Also the huge shopping mall inside the station offers more variety in goods and restaurants than the whole of Fukuoka put together! Another pro: Nikko has an indoor bakery. Despite being so close to the station, Hotel Nikko is easy to reach by car and has a convenient garage.

When I entered my room, I had the feeling it was brand new and I was the first one to ever occupy it. In fact, according to the wrapper around the room key this hotel is about the celebrate its 25th anniversary. Nikko Fukuoka must have the been cleaning ladies in the city!

The feeling of a "fresh" room is also thanks to the decoration which is very modern and abstract, so it never looks dated. The room offers everything one can expect at this price. There's free wifi Internet and free cable Internet. Except for one channel (CNN), the TV offers only Japanese stations. However, there's a DVD player for entertainment.

As usual in Japanese hotels service is perfect. I needed to return a rental car and without even asking the hotel called the rental company and asked them to pick up the car from the hotel (which "Times Rent a Car" promptly did, without extra costs). When I asked at what time I needed to leave to hotel to catch my flight to Tokyo, they phoned the airline to make sure my booking was in order.

Is there nothing to complain about? First: the shower is too low to stand under, so tall Europeans have to limbo to wash their hair. Second: Room 747 faces a flat roof and some back walls of office buildings, so no pretty view. Those buildings also produce a constant noise (like a distant diesel generator or an industrial strength air con) which makes it hard to relax. I expected this to stop later in the evening, but it continued all night. So try to get a room facing the front or back of the hotel, not the side.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business