“Hotel in the middle of Branded Shops”

Canal City Fukuoka Washington Hotel
Ranked #48 of 190 Hotels / Ryokan in Fukuoka
Reviewed 9 June 2014

I was on a package tour and they checked us in this hotel.

It is an amazing location, in the middle of Canal City. But bear in mind that Canal City might not be the best place for shopping.

The room is bigger than I expected, so is the bathroom. I love the mattress, which I think its slumberland! Those that I experienced are much much smaller. However, the hotel does have a small lobby. If you have a chance, please try the japanese set breakfast set at level 1 restaurant. (I did not tried the international breakfast buffet.)

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank JasChua

Reviewed 17 April 2014

Last night was my first stay at this hotel in Fukuoka city , and I've stayed at many business hotels there .

I reserved my room via the net in Japanese . When I checked in , they couldn't find my reservation in the computer . Asked me to write my name on a slip of paper in katakana , which I did , but still they couldn't find it . Next they asked me to write my name in English , and alas , they finally found it . Minor problem but one I never experienced before in a Japanese hotel .

Got to my room and tried to call a friend via the room's phone . No bueno . I dialed zero before the local number but kept getting a recording telling me I had to push 186 before dialing . ? I tried that but still NG . Called the front desk and after a while they sent someone to check the phone . Got the impression that because I was a foreigner I didn't know what I was doing . Staff dialed 0 + the number and - no bueno . She apologized , and I asked her if there was a public phone in the hotel ( I don't own a cell phone ) , and she answered there was one on the 1st floor , which , thankfully , worked .

Room was a bit on the cramped side ( as was the unit bath ) but relatively clean . Excellent bed / pillow .

I paid 4600 yen and that was certainly a bargain , all things considered . I plan on staying here again next month . Hopefully check-in will go smoother and the phone will work .

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 October 2013

This hotel is just by Canal City (a big shopping and leisure area 10 minutes away from Hakata station). Standard Japanese Rooms, with a standard bathroom, fridge, basic coffee-making facilities and free high speed WiFi. They are too strict with check-in and check-out times and cleaning is not perfect. From Hakata station a taxi is just 550Yenes.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ropongi
Reviewed 14 August 2013

Fine business like hotel at central location next door to a shopping mall. Rooms were spacious to Japanese standards. All amenities available. Breakfast room was OK, be it a bit hectic.
Hotel restaurant serves good food, but is fairly quiet.
It is more fun to eat outside at the Yatai food stall on the embankment along the river.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank eddy-010
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Really clean and nice hotel
Friendly and above and beyond service
Basement leads right to canal city shops and restaurants
2 restaurants connected to the lobby
The 100yen loop bus stops 5 steps from the lobby
Taxi cabs line up in front of the lobby also for quick trasportation to the airport
About a 12 minute walk to Hakata station but we didn't have to use it too much
Rates were decent and up to 4 beds in one room
free wifi in the whole hotel. Easy to connect.
I would stay here again especially with family
Very close to nakasu area also
20 minute walk to tenjin
Love the near by seafood open market

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Shannon G
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Huge hotel in even bigger shoppingcentre. Not a cosy little hotel but modern.
Room was a little bigger than we were used here in Japan. Perfect facilities! Just Everything you'll need.
AND free WIFI in the room!
Staff, like everywhere, very helpfull. With lots of information about the town at the reception.
Location is great! Walkable from the trainstation. In a big nice shoppingcentre, so if you like shopping very easy. With on the 5th floor a very nice 'ramen' restaurant! Tip!
On one side of the hotel is the river, with at night the famous local foodstalls. And modern nightlife and parkarea. On the other side of the hotel are many wonderful shrines. Especially the one with the huge wooden budha.
Very good place to stay. We had a good deal with booking, so price quality was very good!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Piet77
Reviewed 30 May 2013

Modern hotel, part of a giant retail complex. If you are into lots of stores and restaurants in the same complex this hotel is for you. If you would rather have a quaint Japanese hotel this is not the place.

Modern, medium sized rooms(for Japan), beds are ok and the bathroom was ok. The room was very hot, but the window does open for ventilation.

No English TV programing

Buffet Breakfast was good if you like Asian food(I do) , very poor selection of western food.

Lots of restaurants in the mall and neighborhood.

One issue is that you can't park in front of the hotel. We had a bus which we parked across the street, but you are not supposed to cross the street, you have to take a bridge to the mall which takes 10- 15 minutes to get to the hotel, rather than just walking across the street which takes 3 minutes .

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple