All reviews tenjin station great location turned off side entrance standard practice subway entrance pay yen ramen lots of restaurants rice pleasant stay yatai stalls shopping luggage size japan
Reviewed 9 January 2018 via mobile

I visited during my honeymoon trip to japan, me and my wife were very dissapointed in the lack of cleanliness of the hotel, although well located we feel they don’t spend enough in maintenance, the staff try fairly good to assist you, the heating was crazy and the only way to cool off the room was to open the window to the street!!! The wifi signal is horrible.I think they can make it a better place if they wanted.

Stayed: January 2018
Reviewed 5 January 2018

We stayed at Hotel Monterey Lasoeur Fukuoka during our 4 day visit. The hotel is located fairly close to the municipal Tenjin subway station. There are a lot of tourist-friendly businesses nearby. Check-in was smooth and efficient. The room was clean but fairly basic. Not exactly roomy, but perfectly normal for any urban hotel in this price range. We were there in late November and the building was heated way too excessively. I think this is partly cultural for Kyushu. I noticed people dressed in really heavy coats, even though the temperatures were in mid to high 50's fahrenheit. We could not open the window, and air conditioning could not be turned on, just heat, which we turned off. We notice excessive heat everywhere we went, so we did not bother to ask the people at the hotel to see if they could do something. Maybe we should have. Other than that this is an excellent hotel in this price range.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 December 2017 via mobile

We chose this hotel purely for its location and close proximity to the airport. We were not disappointed. The location is good and just within minutes to Tenjin/Shin Tenjin by foot. Parking was available at 1500/night. The rooms were not large but adequate. However, I am giving them 4 stars largely because of the upkeep of the room. The room we were given had obvious scuff/dirt marks on the light yellow walls and seemed rather old. Actually it’s such a pity because the rest of the hotel despite its age, is actually very well-kept except for the room walls. This is rather puzzling. The guest lounge with complimentary drinks was a nice touch. I really wanted to give them 5 stars but the poor upkeep of the walls makes it difficult to justify a 5 star rating.

Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 December 2017

Stayed in this hotel with my mother and sister for 4 nights. The location is within walking distance from Tenjin subway station and the bus stops. On the way to the hotel, there are a lot of shops, restaurants and convenience stores which is a very good spot.

As for the room, it is quite big for an average hotel room (given we are 3 in the room and we're not cramped). The motif of the room is quite relaxing for someone who wants a good night's sleep coming from a long day of walking and sight seeing. Toilets are spotlessly clean and is complete with toiletries that an average traveler would need (toothbrush w/ toothpaste, cotton buds, etc).

Service-wise, it was very spot-on. The staff at the front desk can speak English and they'd attend to your queries and needs real quick. The directions that the female staff from the front desk was very helpful when I asked about Ohori Park. And we totally appreciate the fact that every night we come back to the room is spotlessly clean. So kudos to the staff and keep up the good service!

The only con I would mention is the lack of free breakfast. While there are other hotels that offer free breakfast, you'd have to pay 2000 yen to avail the hotel's breakfast buffet. But not to worry, there are lots of restaurants/shops/convenience stores near the hotel where you can have breakfast instead.

In conclusion, it was a short but pleasant stay and I'd highly recommend this hotel if you ever come to Tenjin, Fukuoka.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank YueC103
Reviewed 28 May 2017 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel during May 2017 and was really disappointed. The room was in a very poor state, the walls needed some fresh painting and the rifts in all the corners also told me that maintenance works were long overdue. That's not the quality I was paying for and it's not the quality I expect from a Monterey hotel. Again, I wouldn't complain if I had paid less.
Also, the window is not sound proof and even if I stayed on the 11th floor, I could clearly hear all the noises coming from the street at night.
Bad, bad choice.