Stayed here for a night in December 2013 with the partner. Good hotel with a lot going for it.
- Fairly good value at 4850 for a double at time of visiting
- Very clean with spacious room, lots of imenities and comfortable bed
- Secure with friendly people on the desk
- Located on the end of an arcade ?Shimotori which provides great options for eating and drinking at night. Also within walking distance to the castle (10 minutes)
- 7-11 next door which is very convenient
- No wifi available in the hotel even in the lobby, just a lan cable system which isn’t ideal for tablet devices.
- Not close to the train station but this is more of a reflection of the JR Kumamoto station being located peripherally to the city centre. Too far to walk (we attempted this regretfully) but a tram goes from the train station and drops you off at the karashimacho stop which is literally out the front of the hotel.
Would definitely recommend this to all. It provides clean and spacious rooms and gives the impression of a much more expensive hotel.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, JAPANiCAN, Booking.com, Rakuten, Priceline, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Agoda, Ctrip TA, TripOnline SA, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Kumamoto Tokyu REI Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kumamoto Tokyu Hotel