“Excellent value and conveniently located to Miyazaki JR station”

Richmond Hotel Miyazaki Ekimae
Ranked #3 of 61 Hotels / Ryokan in Miyazaki
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The mid-class Richmond Hotel chain is probably the most reliable and reasonable out of the Japanese hotel chains. The Richmond Hotel Miyazaki is no exception.

This place is a few minutes walk east of JR Miyazaki station; the station itself is 3 stops away from Miyazaki airport. There’s a convenience store next door; at the JR station and about a 15 mins walk to the west of it on Hiroshima-dori brings more restaurants and shops. Other than that, there isn’t much out towards the hotel.

Hotel staff is friendly and helpful, even if not everyone’s English is that great. Check-in was quick via the easy to use machine, which was interesting and had English instructions.

I had a double-queen sized bedroom and it was a very reasonable size. It was clean and had decent furnishings; it was the same for the bathroom. I slept well as the bed was comfortable and noise disturbances were pretty much nonexistent. Housekeeping did a good job. The free Wifi was fast. The TV’s only English channel was BBC, but sadly, it was dubbed in Japanese; even pressing the Language Change button on the remote failed to switch it to English.

The breakfast buffet at the hotel’s attached Orto Caffe was better than I expected. There was a variety of Japanese and Western foodstuffs, fruits, veggies, and drinks, and most of it was tasty. For the Y1000 I paid, it’s definitely worth it. I had dinner one night as well, and it was pretty good… although the red wine came in a chilled glass haha.

Checking out was real easy and quick. This is a great value, mid-class place to stay. I would return if I was ever back in Miyazaki.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 18 July 2014

A nice hotel next to the Miyazaki station. The reception area was warm. Though the English of the staff is limited, they are very friendly and keen to help. They sent our two kids nice kids toothbrush and slippers. The room was not spacious but was good enough in Japan's cities standard. It is clean, tidy, quiet with comfortable decorations and colourings. We booked the 28 days early discount specials plan and breakfast was included. Food has good mixture with Western and Japanese food and was delicious. It was served in a restaurant with nice atmosphere. What a good feeling to start a new day!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 April 2014

Stayed at this hotel for one night for a stopover. We never heard of this hotel chain and we were pleasantly surprise of the service. It is walking distance from the Miyazaki station. Upon our arrival, the staff were extremely friendly. The price was exceptional and included breakfast. We were on the top floor which provided a great view of the city. The staff provided us with a walking tour map of the city. The service was above our expectations and we highly recommend it ....disregard the rating for the swimming pool and fitness room as I could not delete it.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 November 2013

This is a wonderful hotel, the staff is very friendly and willing to help, they sent my luggage to Fukuoka via Takkyubin and everything worked perfectly well. Location is perfect, behind the train station but far enough not to be disturbed by trains noise. The breakfast is awesome! and all for an incredibly low price. If you are going to Miyazaki, do not hesitate to stay at Richmond Hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank RYOKOSURU
Reviewed 21 October 2013

I could see the hotel from the exit of Miyazaki Station. The hotel staff was kind and helpful. I stayed at many Richmond hotels and the quality of buffet breakfast at Richmond Hotel Miyazaki was one of the best amongst other Richmond hotels in Japan. In general Richmond hotels has some common standards and facilities, but breakfast quality at each hotel appear to be quite different. This hotel provides 1 bottle of complimentary water for guests, who choose eco (no bed sheet change). This looks to be good policy to save energy and earth. There were many buses just next to the train station. For foreigners, $ 1,000 Yen per day bus tickets (unlimited). I maximazed the value of the ticket. If you want to have a look at far away areas, I highly recommend to use the bus ticket. With the ticket, I visited Sunmesse, Shrine, Pheonix and Aosima. The bus runs on timetable. You can get the bus timetable from Information desk at Miyazaki Station.

Room Tip: This hotel looks comperatively new. Ask high floor rooms. It has soom good night views.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Marcus567
Reviewed 28 October 2012

We had two good nights at this hotel and were very happy with our choice. The staff were friendly and helpful, the room was quite spacious and comfortable, the breakfast very good and the location was great. There was also free wifi in the rooms, good parking and we had a good view from our room. Would certainly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Travellers-K
Reviewed 17 October 2012

My wife and I recently spent 12 days driving around Kyushu. We stayed in some pretty expensive onsen ryokans. To balance the budget, when not staying in an onsen, we stayed in inexpensive hotels, paying around 10,000 yen per room. Most of the time, the rooms in such hotels were tiny. The only exception was Richmond Hotel Miyazaki. The room was big with twin beds. While no 5-star hotel, everything was run smoothly and efficiently. Overall, I think it was excellent value for money. From now on, whenever I go to Japan, if I am looking for inexpensive accommodation, I would check Richmond's hotels first.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple