“Business and personal”

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Apalachin
Sayre, Pennsylvania
“Business and personal”
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Excellent hotel stay. Very comfortable beds, extremely clean, NO bed bugs, breakfast was tasty, staff were EXTREMELY accommodating and friendly. Very helpful and informative. Beautiful hotel that opened in late AUG 2013.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 23 August 2013

There are two Quality Inns in Binghamton. One is brand new and priced higher. This one is in need of an update. It was clean with the exception of finding ants in my bed (could be worse, but this was not a welcome site). The staff was very good and, in fact, enthusiastic. This property just needs a good redo. The wall paper is peeling, the carpets are worn and the toilet in my room was not securely attached to the floor; it wobbled. Not good. The breakfast was actually very good and there was a broad range of choices. So, as a budget option this is a decent enough choice, you might want to double check for ants though. (BTW, I never put any unflattering comments on Trip Advisor that I have not first shared with hotel management.)

Room Tip: There are smoking rooms in the hotel. If you do not smoke you will want to be well away from them.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 25 June 2013

Every year for the past five years, my family and I have stopped and spend the night when driving through NY. This Quality Inn happens to be at the half way point on our 12 hour drive. The reason we always stop here is because it is always clean, breakfast is included in the price, it's relatively affordable, and it is conveniently located right off of the highway. The staff is always friendly, they offer AAA and senior discounts. There is a fun ice cream stand not far, about a mile down the road, and there is a great little diner called Blue Dolphin right next door to the hotel. If you don't want to eat there, there are a few other options nearby, or a McD's right next door, with a convenience store and a gas station attached. My one and only complaint is that the beds are a little bit uncomfortable..... like there needs to be more mattress padding or something. But we've never seen anything out of order in the rooms, and they always give us more pillows (which you will FOR SURE need) when we ask for them.
There aren't really any activities, but like I said, the ice cream stand is fun.... and there's tv.. but that's about it. It doesn't matter because we're just resting up for the next day's drive.

Room Tip: Choose first floor to avoid trudging up and down the stairs/elevator. Also, the back of the hotel i...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
Milton, Canada
Reviewed 22 December 2012

My wife and I stayed there one night. We were passing through and were only there to sleep, and then left. The room was very clean and the bed linens, towels, and carpet looked as if new. I forgot his toiletry bag, so I went to the front desk and they gave me a disposable shaver with a small can of shaving cream, and a toothbrush.The staff was polite and very friendly. We didn't check out the free breakfast as we were expected somewhere else for breakfast.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank travel4funnwork
Burlington, Vermont
Reviewed 28 November 2012 via mobile

It's the only place in town. Having said that we found the room to be clean and quiet. Fridge came in handy with leftovers. Very good breakfast with an attendant. Starting to show its age. Poor tv reception. Were here just overnight. Would stay here again.

Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank vtcruiser
Dubuque Iowa
Reviewed 23 November 2012

I always stay at the Apalchin Quality Inn when on trips into the area.
The staff are courteous and make me feel welcome each time I stay over.
This hotel has bthe best breakfast of any I have stayed at in this price class. There is even real ceramic ware to eat off and silverware, not of the aweful plastic stuff you get to use mostly anywhere now.
The rooms are clean with spacious bathrooms. Another convenient feature is that this hotel is located right off the Exit on I 86, so no searching to find your ayy to it in a strange neighborhood, easy off/easy on.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank frequentraveler45
Reviewed 19 November 2012

This was our 3rd stay at quality Inn and i couldnt resist myself to write this time. Clean ,well equipped and peaceful rooms,Friendly staff and the best thing about this hotel is their amazing n yumlicious breakfast with a better variety than many other continental breakfasts.. It always make us feel just like at home ...and since we needed a pets allowed hotel so what better can we ask for .Its definitely worth the price, we stayed for 2 nights and we will b glad to come back.

• Stayed November 2012
1 Thank Ladybi
Also consider these accommodations in or near Apalachin
#1 of 2 in Apalachin
Red Roof Inn Binghamton - Johnson City
Quality Inn & Suites at Binghamton University
#5 of 13 in Binghamton
Microtel Inn & Suites by Wyndham Binghamton
Quality Inn & Suites Binghamton

Been to Quality Inn Binghamton West? Share your experiences!