“Lovely, lovely”

ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort
Ranked #3 of 37 Hotels / Ryokan in Ishigaki
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Stayed for 3 nights in December and loved it. We had a beach facing room - the views were breath taking. The hotel staff are really helpful and professional. The room was spacious with a great bathroom suite and all the amenities you would expect from a high end hotel. The breakfast provided pretty much every western and Japanese option you could think of. I used the indoor pool ( the outdoor pools were closed, which was clear on the website and expected) which was lovely and we had it to ourselves in the evening. I can't think of anything to criticise. You would need a hire car or taxi to get into town, but not a major issue as taxis were queued most nights outside.

I also found that the souvenir shop in the hotel was a well priced and slightly better than most of the shops in town so I bought most of my gifts there too.

Will definitely be going back!

Room Tip: Get a beach facing room - it's worth the bit extra!
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Susan B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,054)

Reviewed 6 November 2013

Stayed here when taking part in Ishigaki Triathlon, had my bike delivered to the hotel which they stored for me until my arrival they also allowed me to keep my bike in my room. We had a sea view room, all the rooms are very modern and up to date with flat screen TV's and free internet. All the staff are very helpful and friendly and there are a number of restaurant choices downstairs. The buffet breakfast is decent and the Teppanyaki and Chinese are both good as well. There are many activities to do at the hotel, and it is right by the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for a sea view ocean facing room.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Chris K
ゲストエクスペリエンス, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 8 November 2013

Dear Chris K-san,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts about our hotel. During the triathlon, the whole island of Ishigaki is vibrant with activity, as is the hotel. But we try to provide all our Guests with the best service. We try to make sure that participants to the triathlon are able to perform to the best of their abilities. It will be a pleasure to welcome you again at the next triathlon and hope you keep up the training to continue participating!

Reviewed 3 November 2013

That worked for me. The room is large, with fridge, water heater to make coffee or tea, mini-bar, air conditioning. Very functional bathroom, with bath and separate shower. Good toiletteries. Confortable beds. I had a room in the Coral Wing, North side, with partial ocean view. The main view was on the golf course. My room was quiet. TV and DVD player in room.
I did not have access to internet in room, but Wifi is available on the first and second floor. In the lobby, there are 3 or 4 computer monitors for guest use.
My room was very clean.
I had dinner once in the restaurant. I chose a set menu. It was OK, very small portions, gastronomic menu style, you know, the sophisticated way. I did not happen to be carried away by the food. The good side of it is that you do not leave the table feeling overfull. It is more healthy this way. I did not have breakfast there, just because I never have breakfast.
One of the strongest points of the place (along with room size and efficiency): service. It is high standard, without stiffness. I would say the staff is professionally trained. They speak a moderately good English (variable from one person to the other). As everywhere in Japan, the goodwill, the drive to help are so strong, the we end up being surprise of what is accomplished despite the language barrier. All requests were very well granted.
They were especially helpful about baggage handling and transportation management at the front door (helping about busses, taxis, private cars, etc).
I wanted to go to Yaima Village. They provided me with a discount admission ticket, and provided very accurate information about how to get there. About this, they really made a difference ( it is in another town, a bus trip is necessary). Concierge service is worth staying there, in my opinion.
The hotel is a 10 minutes taxi drive from downtown. A but does the same route every half hour, for a small fraction of the cost.
There are 2 good shops in the hotel. They have a good choice of jewelry, with a good offer of Ishigaki pearl items. White, light salmon and black pearls are cultured in Ishigaki. These are the locally produced pearls.
I would stay in that hotel again.

Room Tip: if you are really interested in ocean front view, you need a room on the south side...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo

Dear 88puffin-san,
Thank you for commenting on your stay with us in Ishigaki. It is a pleasure to see that you enjoyed the hotel, and I certainly hope that you also like your time in Ishigaki. We're working on WiFi in Guest rooms, and hopefully by the time you visit us next, you will be able to enjoy a wireless xonnection in your room. I'll make sure the concierge team knows that you appreciates their services. Comments such as yours are always nice to receive.
Thank you again and we all look forward to welcoming you again in the future.

Reviewed 2 November 2013

Stayed at the hotel for 3 nights with family (wife and 3 kids). The room was nice with a nice view of the ocean (coral wing). Kid's enjoyed playing Snag golf. Beach is somewhat rough (not smooth sand). Add dinner all three nights in the hotel and we enjoyed the buffet. The outdoor pool was not heated and was to cold to enjoy. The indoor pool was warm and the kids enjoyed swimming.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family

Dear TravelingFamilyFun5-san
Thank you for taking time to comment on our hotel. We are happy to see that you kids seemed to have enjoyed themselves. If ever your in our parts of the world again, it'll be a pleasure to welcome you again.

Reviewed 18 October 2013

This is an hotel that could get 4 stars thanks to the excellent staff and the good facilities, unfortunately this hotel is beside (50 m) a small oil fired power plant. From the beach or the pool you can see the 2 stacks of the power plant puffing brown-yellowish smoke . if the wind blow from the plant, you can even smell the exhaust gases.

it is a pity because the hotel location is good ten minutes by bus from to the ferry station & bus station and the hotel seems to be refurbished.

Interestingly I noticed also another hotel that it is build near a power plant, maybe this is normal in this island.

Room Tip: don't get the room facing the power plant !
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank LucaFeb
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2013

Dear LucaFeb,

Thank you for staying with us and providing us with your valuable feedback. It is always our goal to provide convenient and world class service to our guest. We appreciate your kind comments with our staff and facilities. However, it was unfortunate to see your stay was not as comfortable as it could have been. Please be assured that these will be looked into so our team can take actions accordingly.

Karen C
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed 15 October 2013

Journey from airport by taxi is around 20 mins and cost around 2000 yen. Though there's a shuttle bus that stops at the hotel and takes approx 25 mins and cost 430 yen.

Arrived around 1015 which is too early for check in. So we hang out by the pool and had a swim. As we were jetlagged anyway, it was a very relaxing (and much needed) stay on the pool.

After 1400 we went to front desk to queue to check in but because we registered in the morning, room was ready and bags were already in the room. Stayed in coral wing, premium ocean view, 4th floor, room 2614 - SUPERB VIEW, spacious, super clean, comfy and nice king bed. Bell boy who took us to the room was very very friendly and explained everything in the room.

In the evening, asked concierge where to go for dinner and she recommended and booked us Sushi Taro in town. Went there by taxi. Only Japanese people in restaurant (just what we wanted), sit on the floor and English menu available. Food was DIVINE - best recommendation ever!

Next morning went to Taketomi. Bought the ticket at the concierge. Bus picked us up from hotel to Ishigaki port. At port, we had to collect our ticket. Service was brilliant. Took the ferry and had great time on the island.

Took bus from hotel back to airport, which was no fuss at all, very easy. Wifi in the lobby is fast.

All in all, it was a great stay for us. Service was very good and efficient. Room was amazing. Recommendations from concierge were superb.

Room Tip: Coral Wing, Premium Ocean View, 4th Floor South Side - the view is just stunning.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank wiriask
ゲストエクスペリエンス, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear wiriask-san,
Thank you for having taken the time to write down comments about your stay with us. I am delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay. I will inform the concierge team that you enjoyed the meal at the sushi restaurant they recommended.
The only thing I regret is that you spent only one night with us. I sincerely hope you will have the chance of coming back to Ishigaki and that you will be able to stay a few more nights in oorder to discover what Ishigaki and all the surrounding islands have to offer!

Reviewed 9 October 2013

We stayed 4 nights in the hotel in coral wing room and enjoyed it a lot. Rooms are spacious and decorated with style; tatami kind of mats with a lot of wood used in the room. Small minus in coral wing rooms is the lack of balcony. The view and floor to ceiling windows make up a lot, though.

Restaurants and breakfast absolutely satisfactory. Location is good with the town and several dining options within bicycle reach (they rent bikes overnight, if you ask kindly..), CoCo convenience store out some 300 m, beach reasonable and buses to Kabira bay leaving from the
hotel entrance.

Activities were plentiful with all the normal stuff at the beach plus the 'wipe-out' course. Had a snorkling tour by the hotel towards the reef one day and the sea life was reasonable for a 90 mins total time consumed.

All and all well kept hotel with flawless service. We were happy to choose it after seeing the area and what else was on offer.

Tip, if you stay in Coral Wing, or why not if in anywhere: with euro 20 per head (also kids) bkfst price you might want to go via GoGo and have your own quiet and private breakfast in really nice setting in the atrium/garden next to the exit from coral wing, beside the coin laundry..

Room Tip: Coral wing rooms are closest to the sea, also bigger than main wing, but they do not have balconies...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
ゲストエクスペリエンス, Guest Relations Manager at ANA Intercontinental Ishigaki Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear DoubleX-san,
Thank you for having chosen Ishigaki as your vacation destination and to have chosen our hotel. We also appreciate the time you took to write down your comments,
I'm sure than when you come again, we can suggest activities that you did not have time to do while with us. I hopw we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again.