Prime Scuba Ishigaki Diving Center - Day Tour
Ranked #1 of 93 Tours in Ishigaki
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Prime Scuba Ishigaki is a dive center in Ishigaki Island, Okinawa, Japan. Located some 2,000km southwest from Tokyo and only 250km from Taiwan, the island enjoys tropical weather and culture that you will not find in the mainland Japan. Ishigaki is blessed with wonderful nature and sapphire blue ocean, with lots of beautiful and colorful marine animals. It has been ranked as the #1 dive destination among divers in japan.With our 60ft diving cruiser Blue Swan, we cover wide areas of Ishigaki and surrounding islands of Yaeyama, including Taketomi, Kuroshima, Iriomote, etc. We serve wide range of customers from Japan as well as overseas, beginner to experienced, juniors to seniors. Our mission is to help our guests have vacation dive experiences that will stay in their memory for good. Come join us, and explore the best hidden secrets of Japan!
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Diving was great with Prime Scuba. Very convenient boat, practically new diving gear, small groups,
beautiful diving spots. But above all: dive masters Tomo and Satoko are the best! They are extremely skilled divers, committed and easy going. Highly recommended!

1  Thank Tralalaura
KC516, オーナー at Prime Scuba Ishigaki Diving Center - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 25 June 2014

Thank you so much for diving with us! Looking forward to dive with you again!
Until then, have safe and fun dives!

Reviewed 12 May 2014

My first time scuba diving was with Prime Scuba Ishigaki. They picked me up at my accommodation and took me to the dock. I speak only English so it was really important for English-speaking staff to be present--luckily that was no problem at all (the owner is practically fluent) and I was very comfortable with them, despite it being my first time. There were only two other customers so I had a lot of attention. I did one dive and one snorkel, and saw a giant manta. I really enjoyed my experience with Prime Scuba Ishigaki and would recommend them to anyone looking to dive.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank I8216JLlindap
chiwata516, Owner at Prime Scuba Ishigaki Diving Center - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 13 May 2014

It was pleasure having you at Prime Scuba Ishigaki, and happy to hear you had a great time! Hope you also had fun exploring these beautiful islands.

Good luck at your new endeavor, and please visit us again if you need to emerge yourself again in the blue water and blue sky of Ishigaki and Yaeyama islands. We will be waiting for you with a comfortable space for you on Blue Swan!

Sincerely

Koichiro Chiwata

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I stayed in town and they pick me up at the hotel in the morning and dropped me off after a day of diving. My day of diving included 3 dives and a wonderful lunch. I was fortunate enough to get one divemaster to myself to guide me around the reef. Tomo, my divematers plays great attention to detail - to make sure you get the most out of your dives and ensuring nothing is missed.

I was unable to see manta scramble Point as the currents on that side of the island were to strong. This was unfortunate but can be expected for trips in february. Beyond mantra's there are many wonderful things to see in ishigaki so regardless of which sites you see you won't be disssapointed.

Please not that Prime scuba are also one of few dive shops that offer nitrox tanks. They have nice boat! If quality matters go with Prime Scuba.

Review collected in partnership with this attraction
1  Thank james l
chiwata516, オーナー at Prime Scuba Ishigaki Diving Center - Day Tour, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2014

Dear James

Thank you for your nice comments you posted on TripAdvisor!
We really enjoyed you having with us, hope you will have chance to come back in the future.
We hope you can come back in warmer season, so that we can take you and show you much more of the beauty of Ishigaki, including Kabira Manta Scramble.

Again, thank you, and looking forward to diving with you again!

Sincerely

Koichiro Chiwata
Prime Scuba Ishigaki

Reviewed 29 November 2013

An excellent dive shop in Ishigaki town, a short walk from downtown. I stayed in town and they would pick me up at the hotel in the morning and take me and the other guests to the dock, just a 5 minute drive. Very comfortable boat for diving. Good food offered between dives. I could not do the manta dives because of rough seas due to a typhoon in the area, but they managed to dive in sheltered areas. Pleasant, easy dives with good and capable dive masters. Very friendly staff, including the owner who speaks perfect English, although he is not in Ishigaki all the time. Even if you do not speak Japanese (I don’t), the staff speak basic English and they are all very helpful.

1  Thank mauro c
Reviewed 23 November 2013

Surprising it was not crowded at all, compared with the size and quality of the boat - maybe because they just opened this year. The boat was definitely one of the best on the water around the area. With that size they can definitely cover most of the islands around Ishigaki.

Although summer of 2013 was probably not great for manta diving, the captain and the staff clearly did their best to give us great experience, and finally we got to see lots of mantas! But Kuroshima diving was also great - great visibility and gorgeous reef and landscape!

Hot lunch on the boat was great! Definitely better than bento boxes that I had elsewhere.

I would definitely go back there!

2  Thank Ichiro5