“Great hotel”

Ranked #10 of 110 Hotels / Ryokan in Naha
Cologne, Germany
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We arrived at the hotel and the people from the reception was very friendly and also good in English.
The room we got - booked a suite - was very nice and clean.

We wanted to use the ice-cube maschine and it was not working. The roommate saw that and she remembered what room we had and a few minutes later the reception phoned and told us where other working ice-cube maschines were placed.

The breakfast was not great but OK for Italy. The scrambled eggs looked so funny that we did not try them but you could get different kinds of bread, a lot of cakes and sweets as well as sausages and cheese and fruits.
You even could take a glass of sparkling wine for breakfast :-)

The housekeeping was a little bit slowly and we got a little bit mad that she had not yet done the room when we came back at 1 pm - the time we wanted to rest from the morning walks.

In May the pool was closed.

Important : In TV you will find the foreign channels from 850++ (English, French, German)

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Hotel R, Naoki Oto - General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha, responded to this review, 27 May 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Naha, and thank you very much for taking your valuable time to provide your feedback on Tripadvisor.
I'm very proud to hear that our team took good care of you and I can assure you that I will share the good comments with them.
We sincerely apologize for the problems with the room not ready when you returned and we do apologize for the inconvenience we have caused you, and please note that we will do the best we can to have it available by your next visit.
So should there be anything else that we can do to make your stay more comfortable and enjoyable, please let us know. Thank you once again, and we look forward to welcoming you again to the DoubleTree by Hilton Naha in the future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Reviewed 16 May 2014

Doubletree Hotel's location has been very convenienced even you do not drive from the City of Naha. The service has been superb for most of the staffs and helpful. The only thing is the room is a bit small for the family.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel R, Double tree by Hilton Naha at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha, responded to this review, 22 January 2015
Thank you very much for staying with us at the DoubleTree by Hilton Naha, and thank you very much for taking your valuable time to place comments for us.
We value our customer’s opinions about us to serve you in any better way.
Federal Way, Washington
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for one night on business. It is a very nice hotel close to the airport the room was on the small side but very comfortable and the bed was nice. I liked the location it was close to many things to see in Naha. Breakfast in the morning was good lots of variety to choose from. The front desk staff was very helpful with a few questions I had and check in and check out was smooth. I wish I had had a few more days here I will stay at this hotel again on my next visit.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Hotel R, Naoki Oto - General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We all appreciate your kind comments about our staff and our convenient location. This will be shared amongst all the management and the staff.
We here at the DoubleTree by Hilton Naha looks forward to welcoming you again in the near future.
Reviewed 30 April 2014

I travelled with family with a 10 months old baby and booked 3 rooms. I have requested one month in advance of my stay for a baby crib in one of the three rooms I booked. The hotel has confirmed me by return that there is no problem and a baby crib will be reserved for me. However, upon check-in, the front desk told me that sorry.... all the baby crib has been used by other guests and there is no baby crib for me. This is ridiculous!?!?! I asked if there is any alternatives as my baby is onyl 10 months old and will definitely fall off from an adult bed. The answer is no and the staff at the front desk repeated the hotel only has 2 baby crib and they are all occupied by other guests.

How can they mistakenly not reserving the baby crib for me whilst having confirmed with me one month in advance? If they told me that they do not have a baby crib for me at the time of reservation, I can have other alternatives but not at the time of check-in, whilst I am travelling with 80 year-old old people, kids, baby, carrying lots of luggage. I do not know what is happening with the hotel, I have always been satisfied with my previous Hilton stays but it is a disasterous experience for me and I definitely will not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank HongKongConnie
Hotel R, Naoki Oto - General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha, responded to this review, 11 May 2014
Thank you very much for staying with us, and thank you very much for taking your valuable time to answer the questionnaire, and provide us with your valuable comments.

First of all, we would like to sincerely apologize for your uncomfortable stay due to our mistake in not arranging the baby crib for you.
We cannot be sorry more to hear how hard it must have been to you and your family.

Through our investigation, we have found out that we did receive your request for baby crib, and it is in our record as well.
It is our mistake not to arrange the baby crib even though we knew your request in advance. The important message to arrange it was just left in the system and never materialized due to the communication breakdown amongst our staffs. With this, please accept our most sincere apology and we sincerely sympathize with your feelings.

As much as we are happy to hear that you have always been satisfied with your previous stays in Hilton, and we truly sorry to hear what has happened. We have severely looked into the problem occurred, and we have preventive measures prepared to let this never happen again.

Once again, please accept our sincere apology from bottom of our heart. and Please note that we have the deepest sympathy to you.
Thank you once again for letting us know your very valuable opinion.
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Great hotel, confortable bed and fantastic location.very near to airport and walking distance to restaurant and shopping.nice place to relax and dont forget to visit the largesr aquarium which is 2 hours drive north.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Hotel R, Double Tree by Hilton Naha at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
We receive many good comments about how convenient our location is, and we are proud to say it is our very strong unique sales point.
Reviewed 16 April 2014

THe hotel located right beside the Monorail station旭橋 and we took less than 3 mins to return 'home'. Lift is availble at the bridge which is connected from the station and the pathway outside the hotel (Great!) We are much appreciated that our room was upgraded from semi-double to twin-bed so that my friend and I could enjoy good sleep during the stay. When I had problem to access the wifi, the reception staff was so kind that she came to my room within 3 mins to solve the problem. The hotel staffs could be well communicated with English and we were enjoy very good service which should be ranked at above-average standard quality in my experience. I also want to mention that the shower which was set at 40C is excellent! (I used to takes some time to adjust between hot/cold water at hotel bathroom) And the water temperature is absolutely stable and just fit! I'd like to express my sincere thankfulness for your help and I did enjoy stay at your hotel!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

Hotel R, Naoki Oto - General Manager at DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Naha, responded to this review, 21 April 2014
It is our greatest pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay.
We would like to also thank you for your inputs about our convenient location, and most of all our proud friendly staffs. We truly thank you for your nicest comments.
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 15 April 2014

This hotel really made our stay in Naha an enjoyable one. The hotel is located a minute walk from the main restaurant/bar/shopping street in Naha. It is a safe city to walk around. Even in the immediate vicinity of the hotel there are a number of restaurants. We stayed in the King Bed room and it was very comfortable. The room was clean and well looked after. The room came with free internet that was quick and stable. The only minor negative was the cost and choice of the breakfast. It was not what you'd expect of an international hotel chain. Although the serving staff were very nice and helpful. There were not many options.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with DoubleTree by Hilton

I'm glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to welcoming you back in the not so distant future.