“Easy Access”
Review of Hotel Azat

Hotel Azat
Ranked #32 of 111 Hotels / Ryokan in Naha
Reviewed 19 December 2013

Checked into hotel 14/12, easily found, exactly next to monorail. No problems at Check In, remember to press the third floor for the lift and not second was a bit confused.
Easy access to International Street, behind the hotel not in front! Opposite 24hours super market, really good. Front desk spoke good english, breakfast was basic but its free cannot complain, bed was a bit hard maybe its a new bed?

Left my luggage when checking out, staff reminded me i left a card in the light switch, really nice of them to return it. Free Wifi throughout and good reception, floor 5. No smokey smell, shower amenities uses Shiseido. Must be the norm in Japan.

Hope this review helps, and i will stay again.

Room Tip: Keep to floor 5
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Kwok C

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Comfortable small hotel. Superbly close to Asato station & convenient store just downstairs. Breakfast was simple and good. Room is small, but tidy and clean. Reception staff were helpful. Our family of 4 liked it a lot & give Best Western Naha all thumbs up!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 November 2013

I booked at this hotel for my trip to Okinawa. My boyfriend is stationed on the island and I had him check the hotel out for me. From what he could tell, it looked very nice. We booked a Superior King room, non-smoking, and it was perfect. Very clean and the staff is exceptionally friendly. Front desk staff spoke English well enough to understand and I never felt like there was any communication problem. Housekeeping came by everyday and did the room. Everything was always very clean. We did not try the breakfast as we slept in most mornings, but the breakfast area itself looked very nice. If you are like us and like to watch TV at night, the television channels leave room to be desired. However, we did use the Video on Demand service and were able to watch multiple movies. It does cost about $10 each time you use the machine, but the ticket you receive is good for 24 hours. If you have a car, it is not free parking and you will pay approximately $5 per day to park. But overall, it was a great stay for a great price, and I will definitely be coming back here next year. The only thing that was bothersome, and actually this has nothing to do with the hotel itself, we spent a lot of time in Nago and Kin, and both are further from Naha than we would have preferred.

Room Tip: We stayed up on the 5th floor, in a non-smoking room and it was absolutely perfect.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Kristie F
Reviewed 31 October 2013

This was a real find for budget conscious travelers like myself since it is located right at a monorail stop, so there was no extra transportation cost in getting to the hotel. I arrived before my room was ready, but the staff readily stored my luggage for me and allowed me to use the computer in the lobby during the hour I had to kill before getting into my room. The room was unremarkable, but clean and quiet. There were several other people from Hawaii staying there so it seems to be a favorite among Okinawan-Americans. The breakfast buffet was actually worth the extra charge since it included both Japanese and American breakfast foods. This property definitely offers value as well as a very convenient location, close to lots of restaurants and shopping. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Excellent 3 stars hotel. It was a very nice choice, had good nights there. You get what you pay for, all is exactly as the photos show. Clean, safe and comfortable place in very good location for what it proposes. Perfect

Room Tip: Remember that japanese hotels have very few non-smoking rooms. Confirm and reconfirm your choice man...
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Stayed in the non-smoking Double Room. Was surprised with the size of the room & restroom, many hotels I've stayed in Japan, have been a closet compared to the Best Western for the same price or more. The location was great, we were able to walk to Kokusai in less than five minutes. Loved the view of the sunset from the 8th floor, elevator was full of English translated information so we wouldn't need to ask the staff (vending machine locations, late charges etc). Nice parking area. The only disappointment was the hotel breakfast buffet. It looked extremely unappetizing, so we did not even attempt it & went to Starbucks instead. In conclusion, I would definitely stay in this hotel again and recommend this to the traveler who appreciates cleanliness like I do.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank A K
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Room fairly small as is often the case with Japanese hotel rooms. Good location though right in the centre of Naha.

Staff exceptionally helpful in helping us to translate Japanese addresses, print off maps and contact people on our behalf on the telephone. Thanks to their co-operation we were able to meet up with people we had previously lost contact with.

Japanese and Western breakfast available which was a bonus and helped us get off to a good start each day.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends