“Great food, good location, awesome hospitality”
Review of Yunangi

Yunangi
Ranked #2 of 3,679 Restaurants in Naha
Price range: US$9 - US$27
Cuisines: Japanese
Good for: Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 14 October 2013

The restaurant is just off International Street and very easy to find. I arrived around 7pm and was the fifth in line. After 30 minutes, I was sited at the bar. They did not have an English menu, but the owner spoke very good English and made me feel right at home. Unfortunately, they did not have the Okinawan soba that night, so I ordered a set dinner for 2,300 yen. The food tastes homemade and very delicious. The set is likely too much food for one person, so I recommend a set to share. I recommend anyone visiting Okinawa to try this restaurant.

2  Thank xksb

Reviewed 11 October 2013

Had a very nice meal tonight at Yunangi. We had to ask for directions because the location shown in tripadvisor/google maps was incorrect. The correct location is just off the main street Kokusai Dori.

We opted for the traditional meal for two and liked it a lot. They had people who described the menu items in English. Definitely recommended. You will probably have to wait - we were 4th in line when we got there but it only took about 10-15 minutes before we ushered in and given seats at the bar.

1  Thank misha_monder
Reviewed 29 August 2013

Everyone seems to recommend this spot, and now I can see why. We didn't have many amazing food experiences in Naha, except for this place. It was FABULOUS!

There was a bit of a line up as we couldn't get a reservation. The line moved quickly though, and we were in within about 30 minutes or so. The service was excellent, very attentive even though they did politely rush us a bit as there was still a line of people waiting outside.

The food was delicious, and very beautifully presented. We chose the most popular set of dishes, plus the black squid ink rice and swished it all down with the local Okinawan beer - it was really, really good!

The ambience inside was also divine...it had an amazing vibe.

WORTH THE WAIT!!! They are open for lunch and dinner.

2  Thank FALCONadventures
Reviewed 9 April 2013

It is worthy of its reputation. We have lunch here and the soki soba is the best we have ever.
It serves local food. Although we cannot speak Japanese, they provides the menu with the pictures.
The restaurant is small, but the atomosphere is quite traditional. Most guests are Japanese.

2  Thank Adjani_chen
Reviewed 11 March 2013

I put this restaurant on my to-eat list in my 3D2N Okinawa trip and it turned out to be good decision.

We don't find much trouble finding this small restaurant, which hide on small side-street near the main shopping street, thanks to its high popularity and recognition among local folks.

We arrived around 630pm and there're already guests queue outside the restaurant. Luckily we only waited around 10min to get a 4ppl table for us 2 and avoid squeezing on bar table or taking off shoes.

There's no English menu but I still managed to order based on my basic Japanese, pictures as well as the patience and little english of the lady owner.

- fried bitter gourd is the famous dish in Okinawa and not surprisingly this restuarant fried together with pork, eggs and toku, fresh taste and light
- peanut bean curd: very smooth in flavor and again light in flavor.
- ribs: well cooked ribs full of meat juice. tender
-okinawa soba, the soup is really tasty, fishball texture is sponge but pork is too heavy.
- sea grape: another unique vegetable product in naha, very special texture but fresh in flavor and rich in nutrition.

The restaurant is actually quite small with max capacity of 30guests but decorated in traditional style and with cozy atmosphere. Also, all japanese guests except us 2:)

2  Thank singdong