“Would Definitely Stay Here Again”

Okinawa NaHaNa Hotel & Spa
Ranked #33 of 110 Hotels / Ryokan in Naha
Austin, Texas
“Would Definitely Stay Here Again”
Reviewed 8 May 2011

The Hotel Nahana is very easy to find. You can see it from where you get the elevator to exit the train station. The staff was very professional and friendly at check-in. The concierge put us in touch with a taxi company that we hired for a day to take us to the Chura Umi Aquarium, which is about 2 hours from Naha. International Street is an easy 10-15 min walk from the hotel, and there are restaurants nearby. The rooms were not huge, but were a pretty good size compared to Tokyo, and for a good price. Everything was very clean and well kept, and we did not hear street noise from the road outside. The spa was very good for a hot bath and was convenient to use. The rail system is good to use to go to the Duty Free Mall or Shuri-jo Castle. It was a very good stay, and unless I needed to stay near the water, I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Travellin_Chad
henokiya, マネージャー at Okinawa NaHaNa Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 20 June 2011
Thank you very much for your staying at Okinawa Nahana Hotel & Spa.
We appreciated your warmest words to our staff and we will share your comment in the next staff meeting.
We are looking forward to seeing you in the future again.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Fayetteville, North Carolina
Reviewed 12 February 2011

The hotel NaHaNa is a comfortable, easy to find hotel in the town of Naha. The room was comfortable and a bit larger than other rooms in Japan. The bed was somewhat hard, but not uncomfortable, and the pillow was firm and filled with some strange filler. Regardless, I had a decent nights sleep. The temperature controls were easy to use and worked quite well at cooling the room down (Okinawa has a warm climate, even during the winter months). The shower was fine and there were no problems with either hot water supply or water pressure. I did eat breakfast at the hotel (1,000 Yen with a coupon received at check in), and the meal was excellent with a selection of both Japanese and western style foods.

The hotel is easy to reach by the Naha monorail. From the airport, take the monorail to the Asahibashi station. Once you arrive at the station, you are going to exit the station and walk in the direction that the monorail was going. You will need to cross the street, but you should clearly see the hotel from the road.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank AK-in-NC
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 21 December 2010

Stayed for a week with my son in a deluxe twin. Plenty of space! Staff are friendly though it helps to speak a little Japanese though this is not essential. It is located on a main road with good access to the airport. A monorail station is nearby and it is only about 8 minutes walk to a major department store and the end of the tourist strip.
Breakfast was buffet and had good variety. Has a free laundry but gets very busy. However, there is a public laundromat about 80 metres behind the hotel which I would recommend even if just for the fresh air.

I would highly recommend this hotel as a place to stay.

• Stayed November 2010
1 Thank keithmccubbin
Goring
Reviewed 9 December 2010

Lives up to expectations with the warm welcome and friendly staff. The interior fresh and right new and the bedrooms likewise. Itried the spa on their special deal for guests and it was really relaxing. The complementary laundry and drying is a nice touch, too. An the deal on Asiarooms.com with the free room upgrade is a great deal. Three. Nights here cost less than two in the Crown Plaza which I'd initially booked.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank garethrice
Gatineau Quebec, Canada
Reviewed 24 November 2010

Wonderful location. Near monorail station and easy access from the airport as well as to Shuri Castle and main commercial street. Not a lot of restaurant in the very near area.

Excellent service. They were able to find me a karate dojo. Hotel restaurant is expensive, especially for breakfast (buffet) which is not very impressive, but there is not a lot of those around the hotel. Room provided with frig.

However, make sure to pay the right price. I have been charge almost 50% over the price that I found on the same web site that I made a reservation from, when I got back home. 97 instead of 67.

The view on the city is not great at all, but you'll get the same everywhere if your hotel is in middle of a neiborghood since the architecture is far from being the principal interest of this city, except for Shuri Castle.

• Stayed November 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank lookwhatifound
Ottawa, Canada
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I was living in Japan for a couple of years and I've always wanted to go to Okinawa-shi... ever since my first visit to Japan in the early 90's. I finally got a chance to go with my spouse and one of my friends. I found this hotel on Rakuten's website with an airfare deal with ANA. It was about 40% less expensive to go with Rakuten than to book this hotel and ANA fare separately online. Also, the Rakuten site - at that time- was only in Japanese. I hear that they are updating it to include English pages. Last I checked about a month ago, the English pages only applied to their products for mail-order, not for their travel segment, but hopefully it will be up in English soon. It has THE BEST ONLINE deals for Japanese hotels/onsen+room/pensions/etc + transportation out there. All the English websites were at least 50% more expense... so if you know Japanese or know someone who can speak it, that's the place to go. Also, this hotel is conveniently located a short 5 minute from international street where there are all sorts of restaurants, stores where you can shop for local products, there's a local market, a mini-mall or two and access to the main public transport train in the city (it's across the street).

The hotel staff was super-friendly. We had the buffet lunch in the hotel restaurant on the 2nd floor, which was about average for a hotel buffet lunch. We had the breakfast buffet which included in our hotel stay. That was pretty average, but they did offer both Asian and Western items on the menu to satisfy everyone. The best part about breakfast was the fresh local fruit. We didn't try the restaurant on the 2nd most top floor as we ran out of meals to try it.

Our room was one of the large ones on the top floor with King sized beds. All rooms in Japan are "smoking" rooms. If they try to tell you that it's Non-Smoking... it's not. However, our room did have an high quality air purifier which actually did an amazing job of filtering the air and making the room smell like it was a Non-smoking room. It made the air feel healthier too. You could actually feel the difference when you stepped out of the room and into the hallways and into the other floors.

It's not near the beach at all in Okinawa. You would need to rent a car or hire out a taxi for the day. We hired out a taxi for the day. You can negotiate your rate based on what sites you want to visit. But all the city sites are within Yen 3000 or about $40 of the hotel. We did go as far as the beach on the far East side of the island to go to a glass bottom boat place. We also visited the castle.

One of the days we went with a friend and took her car to see the Chiura Aquarium. It was awesome and well worth the 2 hour trip.

Since we were there off season. There was great deals to be had. But honestly, I don't understand why the majority of Japanese people go there in the summer timeframe when it's just as hot in Tokyo or Kyoto and the local beaches are open then! It's probably more North American of us to want to go down when the weather in Tokyo is colder so that we can feel that we cheated Mother Nature by enjoying 22 degree Celcius temperatures in December!

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank snowBoardBunny
Tokyo
Reviewed 5 January 2009

I stayed at Okinawa Nahana Hotel & Spa last Spring on my business trip.
It is located on the route 58 and close to the main street Kokusai street, it is about 10-15min walk.
I stayed at a twin room and the room size was big for Naha area, usually hotel size in Naha is small.
Breakfast was a regular buffet style and hotel staff were nice.

I will probably use the same hotel next time for my business trip.

I also use this website when I go to Okinawa.
This has many Okinawa information and I found it quite useful.

I also recommend to rent a car in Okinawa!

• Stayed May 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank YUKAN