See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was quite friendly and I didn't find my in ability to speak Japanese to be a problem. The rooms are average-sized -- in other words, very small but as to be expected in a downtown area. There was a bit of an odor to the rooms -- even non-smoking. They have air purifiers and you can open the windows to take care of some of that. Also some sort of spray that I didn't discover until I was checking out, and therefore didn't use. Generally clean, but the bedspread seemed a little natty. View was of a back of a building. Breakfast was included and I thought it was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2015 via mobile

Nice and cozy hotel. My room was clean and front desk was helpful.

The hotel was only about a half mile away from Sendai Station and there were many shops nearby. I would stay at Hotel Bel Air again or recommend it to my friends or family.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Usual style Japanese budget hotel. The very help staff helped me find a restaurant, it was awesome because some Japanese hotel ignore their foreign guess and use the old no English language barrier excuse. If you are looking for a good hotel with a great price and foreigner friendly this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I recommend this hotel, especially if you are going to be visiting the Tohoku University campus as it's a few footsteps away. The hotel staff is courteous and helpful. I opted in for the breakfasts, which I thought were good. There are three main choices, with one being somewhat 'Western' (sausage and eggs). The other two are slightly more traditionally Japanese. There are also buffet style 'omakase' items (extra rice, breads, natto, salads, etc).

In-room WiFi is included, and there is a laundry facility (with a few vending machines) on the 3rd (or 5th?) floor.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 October 2010

I stayed here for four nights. While the hotel is just fine, unusually for Japan the breakfasts were quite poor with not much to choose from. Also, it was very unusual to find that there is no washing machine in the hotel, something that I think is one of the great things about Japanese hotels. So instead, I had to head to the local laundromat .... bit of a pain.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business