See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 12 September 2016

I stayed here for 5 nights while doing some work at Tohoku University. Good points: close to station, subway, university, reasonably roomy, washing machines, reliable internet. Shortcomings: limited breakfast options, first night I was put in a smoking to om although I asked for non-smoking, seems to be used by school groups, so lots of awkward teenagers.

• Stayed: September 2016, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2016

The location was somewhat convenient, about a 10min walk from the main train station. The main problem with the hotel was that it was VERY smoky -- when the elevator door opened, the smell of cigarette smoke (both new and old) hit you in the face like a ton of bricks. They said they had non-smoking rooms, but they are very limited (and there was no floor that wasn't smoky, so there clearly are not non-smoking floors). The sheets and pillows even smelled of cigarette smoke.

Room Tip: choose a different hotel (e.g., Westin)
  • Stayed: November 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 April 2016

Overall I enjoyed my stay here. The staff was quite friendly and I didn't find my in ability to speak Japanese to be a problem. The rooms are average-sized -- in other words, very small but as to be expected in a downtown area. There was a bit of an odor to the rooms -- even non-smoking. They have air purifiers and you can open the windows to take care of some of that. Also some sort of spray that I didn't discover until I was checking out, and therefore didn't use. Generally clean, but the bedspread seemed a little natty. View was of a back of a building. Breakfast was included and I thought it was pretty good.

• Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 February 2015 via mobile

Nice and cozy hotel. My room was clean and front desk was helpful.

The hotel was only about a half mile away from Sendai Station and there were many shops nearby. I would stay at Hotel Bel Air again or recommend it to my friends or family.

Stayed: February 2015, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Usual style Japanese budget hotel. The very help staff helped me find a restaurant, it was awesome because some Japanese hotel ignore their foreign guess and use the old no English language barrier excuse. If you are looking for a good hotel with a great price and foreigner friendly this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends