All reviewstallest buildingsuperior roombreakfast buffettrain stationgreat hotelexecutive loungenice luxurypanoramic view of the citytwo double bedsthe upper floorsrooms are spaciousstar levelcannot praise them enoughgorgeous viewscharging for wi fichief conciergelarge bathtub
Reviewed 20 November 2017

Service:
The Staff service is far beyond my expectation. Upon my arrival, Terui Ruru helped to check in my luggage, called to make sure my room is feather free, and then Soki Iikura accompanied me all the way to the check in counter in SPG lounge. At night, Mr. Masahiko Minamoto San spent half hour and helped to design a wonderful one day trip to Matsushima for our trip—including local attractions, sake tasting, lunch, dinner, transportation, and time schedule. It was all good! –The local sake tasting is highly recommended!

The staff is prompt and responsive to any of your need, and almost all the service is provided for you in person. Their services really make the stay in Westin a pleasant experience.

Here comes the hardware review,

Room is clean and neat:
I was arranged to a corner suite room in 34F. The room is spacious, clean, totally feather free—a great help to me as I am allergic to dust. A comfortable sofa is located right in front of a big- floor to ceiling- window, it is a place where you can enjoy a bottle of wine, the view, and then fall into asleep at night. (That was what I did, and was woken up by an eagle-like bird when he passed by in the morning). Behind the sofa is the Westin Heavenly bed, Bose system, LCD TV—a typical Westin style decoration but it brings up the feeling of clean and neat.
A big bath tub located in the corner of the bath room; you can enjoy a 120? degree corner city view while taking a bath and watch TV. If you prefer privacy, just click a button and the auto-controlled curtain and wooden venetian blinds will help you.
Breakfast are good:
Western style fresh juice, cheese, salad, bread, scrambled eggs, traditional Japanese veggie- soup, baked fish, congee, natto, more than 10 kinds of local pickles.
Happy Hour in Club Lounge is good:
About more than 10 selection of small dishes and dessert. Some local bean made traditional desserts are blended with western style mouse and cake. The lounge food is good too. But the wine selection doesn’t reflect the local sentiment, it will be better if one or two bottles of local sake is included.
Facility: Did not have chance to try this time… sorry.
In sum, Westin Sendai as a luxurious hotel deserves all the recommendations, and their service truly makes them outstanding.

Stayed: November 2017
1  Thank notbad2017
ウェスティンホテル仙台_担当, 支配人 at The Westin Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded 23 November 2017

Dear notbad2017,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westin Sendai and for telling other reviewers in detail.

We share your comments among all staff and we work hard to train our teams to ensure they offer the highest levels of service.

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 10 November 2017

Stayed four nights and enjoyed the accommodations. Clean, spacious and comfortable rooms with thoughtful amenities. Our 34F room window offered a generous view of the city and its environs-- lovely! At 28000-31000Y per night (depending on the day and the occupancy rate), I find smart value. Just a 10-min walk to Sendai Station. Hotel restaurants are good too. Highly recommendable!

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled with friends
ウェスティンホテル仙台_担当, 支配人 at The Westin Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded 11 November 2017

Dear. YubaPrincess

Thank you very much for previous stay with us.
We are glad to hear about good comments for our staff and we are pleased that you enjoyed your time at our hotel. we work hard to train our teams to ensure they offer the highest levels of service.
We are looking forward to having you at The Westin Sendai in the near future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 8 November 2017

Really pleased with my stay here. Although a bit of a walk(personally I like a walk)from Sendai Station, you could always grab about a three minute taxi ride to get there. Very friendly but respectful reception staff. Dead quiet from inside the room. No noise from inside or outside the hotel-and the hotel is along side a major road.Very comfortable bed. Thicker than thick bath towels. But DON'T run the shower at full force! The bath has an "interesting" excess water drainage system that is overwhelmed by a full force shower. It's one of those designs that sounds good on paper but is less than useful in real life. Breakfast buffet had an amazing number of choices. But for some reason, for two days straight scrambled eggs had no seasoning. Really. None. I don't get it because everything else I ate those two mornings was seasoned fine. If you can live with these two little quirks, stay here. I personally would love to book again.

• Stayed: November 2017, travelled solo

Dear. kbc1810

Thank you very much for previous stay with us.
We are very happy and honored received your comment.
Your comment will be regarded as important and shared inside our hotel.

We are looking forward to having you at The Westin Sendai in the near
future.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 October 2017

My wife and I stayed only one night and really wish it could have been more. Stayed on the 34th floor with a fantastic view of western part of Sendai.
The check in is on the 26th floor and then you take another set of elevators to your room.
The dining and bar are on the 26th floor and we did not dine here but did have a night-cap at the bar which was very good.
The rooms are spacious,quiet and clean with a large bathroom. All of our interactions with the staff were pleasant and professional. The staff are all conversant in English which was very helpful.
For a great izakaya look in the internet under IPPO just two blocks to the left when you exit the hotel.
This hotel does not have a shuttle service so you walk or take a taxi to the JR station.
I highly recommend this hotel and will make this my choice whenever I am in Sendai in the future.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
2  Thank rp-yp
ウェスティンホテル仙台_担当, 支配人 at The Westin Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded 14 October 2017

Dear rp-yp,

Thank you once again and we look forward to welcoming you again.

Best Wishes,

Reviewed 8 October 2017 via mobile

I have stayed here twice, once in august 2013 and other other time in 2014.

Westin sendai is around 10 mins walk from the station. It occupies the upper 7-8 floors of one of the tallest building in sendai. Whenever ur room is located either on the front side or the view. U get to have spectacular panoramic view of the city and beyond.

the hotel rooms are big and very clean. Westin chain bed is the best u can get among the high end hotels.( FYI one can purchase the westin brand bed incase u wanna replace ur bed with the extra comfy one :)). I heard it costs around $2000 something. The bathroom is great and u feel the luxury in every step in this hotel.
The breakfast buffet is also good.

Overall a very good hotel on all corners..

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
ウェスティンホテル仙台_担当, 支配人 at The Westin Sendai, responded to this reviewResponded 10 October 2017

Dear Dreamcatcherz,

Thank you for taking the time to review The Westin Sendai.

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed our “Heavenly Bed” and a bath in the room.
We share your comment specially with House Keeping.
Your comments make us really happy and assisting to keep a high level of service.

We are looking forward to having you at The Westin Sendai in the near future.

Best wishes,