Grand Aiser Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$194
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
Saraichik(Almaty)
TripAdvisor
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Nice hotel in a nice location. Breakfast is nothing special at all. Room was very spacey and clean but bathroom was really small. Their big problem is their stuff. They need to be trained urgently. Especially some of the reception stuff has no idea what they should do.
I recommend this hotel only to budget travelers. I hope that in my next visit to Almaty I will book in another hotel

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank MMichalis
Reviewed 29 March 2013

We stayed here for 4 nights when we visited Almaty and the nearby area. The facilities were basic and sometimes you had to ask for it, like glasses and cloth hangers. The room was clean and spacious. It had cable TV but how touse it was a problem as there was no English instruction. However free WiFi was available. Breakfast was also basic.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 10 March 2013

We were on a motorcycle trip to Mongolia and when we arrived in Almaty we headed for the Valentina Guesthouse at 62A Zhabayev Street (Grid: N43.19046 E76.80082) in the outskirts. Sadly it was fully booked so we headed off to our second choice, the Grand Aiser Hotel in town.

This turned out to be an expensive disappointment as whilst it looks impressive (BrianandBetty is right) it leaves a lot to be desired. The room was okay, but the service was not. The food was only just passable - we ate dinner and breakfast here - and it seems to me that the location is about the only thing it has going for it.

Problem? Well it was grossly overpriced at $200 for the night, but we had little choice as it was getting dark when we arrived. Insult was added to injury with dinner costing $100 for the two of us, and as none of our credit cards worked in the hotel for some reason, we ended up having to pay cash.

So, a thumbs down as I'm sure there must be better places to stay in Almaty that cost far less.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Nick P
Reviewed 21 September 2012

Perfect new furniture and western design of rooms. Meanwhile, it is so difficult to use minibar, because it is blocked by the bed. Safety box is not attached to the wall, so everybody can carry it (see my photo ).
Location is convinient if you need to be close to goverments are.
Very important: it is very difficult to get non-smoking room. In my experience - hotel's management is not taking care on this option.

Room Tip: Close eyes to small misfortunes and you will not be disappolnted
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank mihhail i
Reviewed 17 July 2012

I did not have a choice of where to stay in KZ as my company booked this hotel on their rate.
Main entrance looks impressive but it is the small things that do not help this hotel.
Main lobby floor is not clean. You can see where they have polished the floor just in the main areas you walk, however you can also see the dust collected in the corners.
I was given a suite so cannot comment on the other rooms. My suite was very spacious with a living area, bedroom and bathroom. The bathroom is huge but there was no shower, only a jacuzzi bath with a shower attachment. Seems a waste not to have installed a shower too as there was space.
The mini bar/fridge is on but there are no drinks in it. The hotel information booklet has no information in it. The room is not clean, old bottle tops beside the mini bar.
General the room is ok but could do with sprucing up a bit.
Bath towels are not of the standard you would expect in a 4* hotel.
Breakfast was mediocre. Cannot comment on the evening meal as not had one yet. Have only seen 3 other guests in the hotel so obviously not that busy.
The only good thing I can say is that the bed was comfortable and the AC did work for me.
In my personal opinion this is not a 4* hotel and I have stayed in many 4* hotels.. If you have the choice to stay somewhere else then I would do so until they can bring their standards up to scratch.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled on business