“nice place at expensive price”
Review of Holiday Inn Almaty

Holiday Inn Almaty
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Almaty
Reviewed 15 November 2013

the location is conveninet on one of the main road in Almaty.
Decoration goood, clean .
The breakfasst buffet is very good.
Two only down points: if you need a taxi you should pay a minimum of 1200 T just go go around the corner.
The price is astronomical. About 200 US$ a night. Here in ALmaty the price of hotels is unreasonable.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 20 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing a review about your stay at Holiday Inn Almaty. I am happy to know that you found the location convenient for your needs and appreciated the cleanliness and breakfast. I understand your concern about the taxi charges. We use the services of a reliable taxi services partner to ensure safety of our guests. Please rest assured that we try to offer competitive room rates for our guests.

Hope to welcome you again should you travel back to Almaty.

Acting General Manager

Reviewed 5 November 2013

I feel very uncomfortable writing this review.
I don't like complaining and criticizing. But in this case I feel I have no choice.
In general the hotel was OK but there are a few points that caused me disappointment. I have been to quite a few Holiday Inn hotels, and I expected better, much better.
The biggest problem I had at this hotel was the service in the restaurant. The first time we went to have dinner, it took a very long time to receive our meals. The second time, the same and on top of that one of the meals was not like we ordered and it was cold. The waitress did not even offer to rectify the problem. After a few long chat with the waitress, she toot our meal and corrected it, but it was still cold. Unacceptable.
We decided not to have dinner there again. But one evening we sat in the restaurant and had some drinks. At 10 pm we asked for a bruschetta. At 11 pm they closed the restaurant. We didn't get the brushetta, nobody said anything about it, we were completely ignored. Very very disappointing.
Room service, surprisingly, was much faster, but the meal I ordered (Caesar salad - with bacon, chicken, parmesan slivers - according to the menu) arrived only with chicken. The next time we ordered it, we specifically asked if the salad would have all the ingredients. We were told it would arrive exactly as it is described in the menu. The salad arrived - again - with only chicken; no bacon, no parmesan slivers.
There were other small things - but they are peanuts compared to the above.
One more thing I didn't like but I am not sure about is that it seemed to me that the carpets in the rooms are not cleaned very often (they were not vacuumed) .
The restaurant experience just shocked me and baffled me. We've been to other restaurants/hotels in Almaty and this was our first experience with such bad service.
I do hope that someone reads the reviews, and things will change for the better at this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RobertaRe
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 7 November 2013

Dear Roberta,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty and for leaving details about your stay. We value your feedback. It is regretful to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with our restaurant and room service. We always strive to provide the best services to our guests and we will take necessary actions to avoid this in future.

We are happy to announce that we just hired a new Executive Chef and we immediately asked him to correct the situation.

We apologize once again for the inconvenience and hope to see you back soon

Acting General Manager

Reviewed 16 October 2013

It is currently the only major brand in the city in the midscale category so is by default popular and busy, both with guests for rooms and for the meeting space. It is only a few minutes walk to many of the major banks in the city and is a predictable quality for a transparent price, so is very popular with foreigners.

The hotel opened 5 years ago so is ready for a refresh. Staff were all very friendly and helpful, everything worked in the room and there is a decent bar that is open through the night where you can also order snacks. I had lunch in the bar and it was excellent.

Breakfast can get a bit busy at peak times and was the only disappointing part of the stay.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank djenk_moscow
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 17 October 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty and leaving a review. It is great to hear that overall you enjoyed your stay with us and found the location convenient for your needs. Happy to know that you appreciated the service and hotel amenities. I am sorry that your breakfast experience did not meet your expectations. I have sent you a message via TripAdvisor to request more details about it for necessary actions.

Thanks again for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty. We will be glad to welcome you again.

Reviewed 6 October 2013

It was pretty OK. With good location and well done service.

What was good:
1) cheap hotel taxi,
2) good fruits on breakfast.
3) bus station nearby

What was poorly organized is that, there are no places for entertainment (only 24h gym).

Room Tip: Yard-side is better than street-side, as usual.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2013

Dear Grigory,

Thank you for posting a review about your stay at Holiday Inn Almaty. I am happy that the location was convenient for you and you appreciated the services and the variety of fruits on our breakfast buffet. Next time you stay with us we are happy to recommend nearby facilities for recreational activities.

Reviewed 27 September 2013 via mobile

Good Location
Great room related services.
Room service excellent.
F&B staff refreshingly hospitable.

Horrendous reception staff.
Lousy food quality.
Zero restroom amenities.
Gym is a joke but usable for short stay. (Better to jog around the hotel)
If you are looking for clean well services room.. Without expectation of frills.. This is the place. Not worth the money.. But then there is not much choice in the city.

Other good options: Rixos and Intercon

• Stayed: September 2013
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying at Holiday Inn Almaty and sharing your feedback. I am glad that you found the hotel's location convenient for your needs. Happy to hear that you enjoyed the service experience. I am sorry that your expectations were not met in terms of Food quality and reception experience, our new Exec. Chef joined last week and his experience will lead to change. Your feedback was sent to the relevant departments for necessary actions. Hope we will welcome you again on your next trip to Almaty.

Reviewed 9 September 2013

Holiday Inn Almaty is still one of the best of option in town.
I've been into several hotels around the city and this one is a good value for money.
PS: just one little negative remark: in september 2012 I told the reception the tread mill in the gym room was not stable thus not working well. This year, September 2013, the tread mill was is the same status.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, Executive Assistant Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 10 September 2013

Dear Alessandro,

Thank you for the compliments to our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us. I apologize for the inconvenience at the gym. We are aware of the issue and have been trying hard to fix it.

Hope to see you back soon.

Executive Assistant Manager

Reviewed 8 August 2013

This holiday inn is different than what i'm used to get in Europe. It is very high quality and all the spaces have a nice feeling to them. Unfortunately they were working on their outdoor terrace so I didn't get to sample that. I have an executive suite which was very spacious, after the first night I had to ask the front desk to check my airco since it didn't get the temperature in my room down. Within minutes to tech guys came who fixed. The fact that the hotel has a 24/7 bar is a great thing, especially with the awkward arrival and departure times of flights coming from Europe.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks for your compliments! I am very happy to know that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you were satisfied with hotel amenities and service. I am glad to announce that the Terrace is open now. Hope you will come back soon and check it personally.