“Pretty Good”
Review of Holiday Inn Almaty

Holiday Inn Almaty
Ranked #9 of 75 Hotels in Almaty
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I enjoyed staying at the Holiday Inn Almaty in August 2013. It's a little pricey but everything in Almaty is pricey. I enjoyed the area, it was walking distance to everything, including the Intercon which had great outdoor food and indoor restaurants as well. I would definitely stay there again.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank gypsyheart777
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 21 July 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your stay at Holiday Inn Almaty and for taking the time to leave your feedback. I am happy to read that overall you enjoyed the stay and appreciated the hotel.
Our pricing is comparable to similar properties in the area and we feel we provide good value given our central location and facilities.

Reviewed 15 July 2014

The hotel is uptown at the Northern end of the city - it's far enough away from the centre to be quietish but close enough to not seem a bore going wherever you plan to. That said - this isn't a walk-out-and-find-a-restaurant place. It needs planning and a taxi. That suited me very well and after some recent shabby hotel experiences, I loved this place for its clean, tidy, well decorated decency. The staff welcomed me by name and said thank you for being in their IHG rewards club even though I'm rock bottom ranking. They helped me even though they didn't know the answers to my questions.

The room was tidy. The bathroom was clean. The minibar was well stocked. The TV was a bit annoying as the remote probably needed new batteries but the point is this place is really what I wanted. Clean, tidy, decent, comfortable and warmly decorated but modern.
Free wifi worked too.

The English isn't fantastic. There was solitary hooker in the overly bright bar. BUT - the staff are extremely friendly. The room is clean. The location is pretty good. It has the choice of hard or soft pillows to sleep on and reliable aircon temperatures. I'd definitely stay when I went back.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay at Holiday Inn Almaty on TripAdvisor. I am happy that you had a pleasant stay with us and found our hotel convenient for your needs. I am glad that you appreciated the free wi-fi and recommend our property to others.
Hope to see you again if you are travelling back to Almaty.

Reviewed 10 July 2014

I do visit here for almost last 4 years. The time is running fast and Holiday Inn still wears these years well (!).
This time I faced something even different. Although I am a loyalty member of IHG club and my room preference is well described as non-smoking, receptionist guy told they ran out of non-smoking rooms. After a minute or more insisting, they offered me an executive (!) room. Check out the pictures for glamorous features that makes it this executive. Door handles adhered with silicone, TV set with no single international channel, in-room goodies with highest make quality (!)(eg. slippers, razor, toothbrush, toothpaste, and especially the rotten shaving cream).

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty and for sharing details about your stay. We value your feedback. It is regretful to hear that you had a less than pleasant experience with our front office.

Please kindly contact us on alakz.gm@ihg.com and let us know in which room number you stayed in order to fix these issues in the room.

Concerning the Television, we would like to inform you that we do have plenty of international channels, including over 10 English speaking ones. Nevertheless, we are looking into improving our system, and we will provide additional channels / languages in the near future.

While, we apologize again for this unfortunate experience, we are looking forward seeing you back in the future

Reviewed 28 June 2014

Stayed Last summer in this hotel - and would definitely recommend it for business travelers.
That time I had a very hard trip over few small cities in Kazakhstan - all of them were in the middle of nowhere with poor hotel choice. But when I was back to Almaty - this hotel helps me to relax and go back to civilization.
Very nice, modern, quiet and clean rooms, extremely helpful staff. Good food.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Guest,
We value your feedback about our hotel. At Holiday Inn Almaty we strive to consistently ensure our facilities and service exceeds our guest expectations. I am very pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and that you feel you received great service.

Reviewed 28 June 2014

It was my first time in Almaty. Was surprised. Very very good place. everything is fine, Service, food variety, rooms, location, breakfasts. Small but cosy hotel. mountains are awesome. Wanna be back.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your recent stay at Holiday Inn Almaty and for taking the time to leave your feedback.
We appreciate your kind words about our hotel amenities and service. I am extremely happy to read that you found our hotel suitable for your needs.

Reviewed 19 June 2014

This is not your usual Holiday Inn. The rooms are all modern and updated and a good size. There is a good bar and restaurant and good recognition for IHG rewards members.

The airport pick up service is good value and advised.

The food options in this hotel are VERY expensive - good location options nearby.

clean, functional, good location and reasonable room rate in Almaty.

This hotel has a lovely terrace bar which is a nice place to relax or work.

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view room!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear Paul,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty for your stay and leaving your comment. We value your feedback and it is a pleasure to know that you enjoyed the room cleanliness and service. I am glad that the location was convenient for you. Very happy to know that overall you enjoyed your stay. We took good note of your comment concerning our prices in the outlets. Please note they are in line with the Almaty market; however we will keep your comment in mind on our next menu elaboration.
Thank you for recommending the hotel to others.

Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I would definitely call this hotel my home in Almaty. I rated it as Very Good, but it does deserve Excellent.

Since my first stay a couple of years back, I always come back to that Holiday Inn.

Staff is always extremely helpful. Always very polite and fluent in English. Being an IHG platinum member I have always been upgraded, and many of the upgrades were by a few categories not just one. I regularly get a nice huge room, with a small coffee table , 2 bathrooms etc... (Not sure which category room that was) I really enjoy it! On another hand the bathrooms in all the rooms I stayed in, even in that huge one, are tiny, too compact.

Attention to details, and the little extras, no matter how insignificant do make a difference. For example almost everyday, in addition to the complementary water bottles in rooms, they place a large water bottle in front of the room door, or the chocolate bar you get everyday in the room etc... These things are very pleasant indeed.

Usually i spend a lot of time working in the room, so internet connection is very important to me and you get it for free all over the hotel.

If you manage to get that big (corner) room, ask for a signal extender. Because of the size of the room there are areas where you don't get the wifi signal. I think the management of the hotel should take care of that problem.

The buffet breakfast is very good, a lot of freshly baked pastries and a large variety of other items. The restaurant also serves buffet for lunch (I think on weekdays only). Food is always good and is never the same from day to day. I actually have my lunch there almost every day of my stay.

I would definitely recommend this hotel for business travelers visiting Almaty. For transportation around the city you can either higher the hotel taxi service, but it is an expensive service. The best is to go down to the street and just wave at passing cars. For 400 tenge you can get almost anywhere around the city center.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Holiday_Inn_Almaty, General Manager at Holiday Inn Almaty, responded to this reviewResponded 9 June 2014

Dear Guest,
Thank you for choosing Holiday Inn Almaty for your stay and reviewing our hotel. I am glad to hear that you felt you received great service and that you enjoyed our large variety at breakfast and lunch.
It is very unfortunate that you had experienced a problem with noise in the room and internet issues. We are working on these points and hope you will see a difference on your next return.Your feedback is very encouraging for our team.

Sincerely