“Decent hotel, nothing more”
Review of Rixos Almaty

Rixos Almaty
Ranked #2 of 72 Hotels in Almaty
Canada
“Decent hotel, nothing more”
Reviewed 2 May 2014

Rixos Almaty is an OK hotel but cant compete with the other chains of its price range in terms of consistency of delivery

Pros:
- good rooms
- good, professional service

Cons:
- location is poor, hotel feels out of place
- the large reception area is inpractical, one can feel lost, walk a lot for looking the "hidden" restaurant or the concierge, while its atmosphere is negative
- the open corridors are poorly designed

All-in-all an, acceptable quality but would not be my top choice

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ibrahim C, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this review, 5 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your feedback following your stay with us at Rixos Almaty.

I am delighted to note that you enjoyed our service and found our rooms good as these are clearly two very important factors when selecting a hotel.

With regard to our location, we can easily suggest that we are an obvious choice for easy access to the City Center. Many people enjoy our location near Opera and Ballet House, Republic Square. Then only a 10-15 minutes walk away are our historical places as Panvilov Park, Zenkov Cathedral, Instrumental Museum and many green parks of Almaty. It is perfect for business and travelers alike.

I am very sorry to read that our Concierge desk and restaurant were seemed hidden. However, the Concierge desk is near the Reception, and our Hotel Team ready to direct our guests.

Again, we give our appreciations for your constructive review of our hotel. We do hope to host you in the nearest future.

Ibrahim Celik

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (101)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I arrived late at night and had a few suitcases with me. No one met me at the door and so I had to carry all the luggage myself into the lobby. Once there, I soon realised that they had a University party on the ground floor, and as I was checking in, I asked for a quiet room and perhaps one that was not on the main street, as I was only staying there probably only 7hrs.

The man behind the desk said that I had not paid for such luxuries but said he'd see what he could do.

I was given a room on the 6th floor, and again had to lug all my bags there myself, and when I got there it was of course it was facing the street. It couldn't have been hard to give me another room considering if was after midnight and I doubt many new customers would have come along.

Despite being on the 6th floor you could still hear the occasional screams from the party downstairs, but the sounds coming from next door were more disruptive to sleep.

When people build hotels, why isn't their primary concern that customers can have a good silent nights sleep? you could hear every word and "sound" coming from next door.

For the price I paid I expected a lot more, and will not stay here again. The Rixos in Astana was far superior.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter M
Ibrahim C, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all we would like to thank you for your choice of Rixos Almaty for your lodging here in Almaty. We truly appreciate that you have taken the time to left such a detailed comments about your experience at Rixos Almaty Hotel. Although, it is unfortunate to read that there were points not up to your expectations.

I would like to apologize for the disappointment and discomfort you experienced during your stay with us. We are genuinely concerned about the issues you raised in your review.

As a matter of fact we did not have any availability to provide you a room facing the park as we were fully booked from the beginning of April up to last week. However, allow me to point out that we offered the best room we had available on one of the highest floors of the hotel. In this regard, we have also updated your personal preference profile to ensure your next visit will be more comfortable.

Please, accept our sincere apologies for the noise made by the group event we had downstairs. In this regard, we had already discussed it with the organizer of the event to avoid such kind of inconvenience in the future.

We could not overlook your comment regarding the luggage assistance which is general norm of our hotel and regret we failed your expectation of it.

Please, be sure your experience has already been communicated to the department heads concerned and actions have been taken thereafter.

Again, we give our appreciations for your constructive review of our hotel. We do hope you will give us another chance to redeem ourselves.

Reviewed 10 April 2014

The hotel is great, the service is really helpful and the facilities are amazing, specially the spa. However the price was quite high. On nights there are usually groups that play music or sing, which is a good point

I must admit that I didn't have too much time to visit the city, but at least I got the impression the hotel is in a boring area. The breakfast buffet was very complete, you have a lot of things to choose from. Moreover the room was very spacious and well traditionally decorated, with good quality garments.

I would specially recommend this hotel for a business trip.

Room Tip: Advisable for a business trip
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Ibrahim C, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this review, 22 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about us here on Tripadisor. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your time with us.

It would be with much pleasure to welcome you again and ensure you of our utmost attentive care and service during your upcoming stay with us.

Netanya, Israel
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I've been there in February. The Hotel is a luxury style hotel. Rooms were large, nice and clean. The breakfast not really as expected considering the quality of the hotel. The SPA and the swimming pool were fantastic.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Ibrahim C, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this review, 25 March 2014
Dear Guest,

We appreciate you took the time to write a review about your latest stay with us and would like to thank you for choosing Rixos Hotel for your trip to Almaty. It would be a pleasure for us to be your host again when travel brings you back to our city.

Genf
Reviewed 20 March 2014

It is a good hotel with high international standards. It is basically without surprises, everything a business travel needs. The food, quality of staff and gym / spa stick out and are of excellent nature.

Room Tip: Ask for a non-smoking room, it is not automatic.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

On behalf of Rixos Almaty Team, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write to us regarding your experience at our hotel whilst staying with us.
We do appreciate your positive feedback and we continue to improve our standard of service at all times.
Your comments have been shared with our Team members respectively and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Kind regards,
Paris, France
Reviewed 18 March 2014

It was my first time in this hotel and I was not disappointed!
The staff is very friendly and helpful. The food is good, room service is fast and breakfast generous with great variety of food :)
The Spa seems nice, the sports room is quite big and pool fabulous!
Really recommanded.
Free wi-fi

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Ibrahim C, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

First of all, on behalf of the Team of Rixos Almaty we would like to thank you very much indeed for your choice of our hotel as an accommodation for your lodging needs here in Almaty.

Thank for taking the time to write about us on Tripadvisor. We greatly appreciate your kind words about our hotel and its various outlets. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay with us.

Moreover, we are happy to hear your praise regarding comfort of the room and service provided by our staff as we feel these are all crucial aspects of complete guest satisfaction.

Looking forward to seeing you soon at Rixos Almaty,

Ibrahim Celik,
Almaty, Kazakhstan
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Excellent experience at this hotel. Very clean and very centrally located. Beautiful built, nicely designed rooms. It's a pleasure to stay in this Hotel and celebrate Valentine's Day. I think this is the best hotel in Almaty.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ozcan K
Ibrahim C, General Manager at Rixos Almaty, responded to this review, 17 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you taking out your precious time to write a review of us here on Tripadvisor. I sincerely appreciate your kind feedback. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your Valentine stay with us. And, extremely pleased for your rating our hotel as one of the best and recommending us on Tripadvisor.

Looking forward to welcome you back,