Sentrim Amboseli is located right outside the park gate, maybe a 4 minute drive. I was initially worried about us being far away. When we arrived at the camp we ended being put up in one of the 2 bedroom family houses. It was a very nice upgrade from a tent. We even had a fantastic porch facing Kilimanjaro. The food here was pretty tasty, they had the normal buffet, but they also had 3 stations making things to order every meal. Usually the best food was found at the station. During meal times there were a lot of birds to be seen, which was a real treat. There were even a couple of Hornbills. The grounds were nice, there was a short trail that lead to an incredible viewpoint of Kilimanjaro. The only issue I had with our stay here was there were NO BUG NETS in our room at all, there were also no screens on the window. Needless to say we got bit a lot! Also the power here is generated so there are some "no electricity times." They were while you would be sleeping though. I could see this possibly being an issue if it was really hot out and the fan shut off, but it wasn't hot at all while we were there. One upside for the power being shut off is that it is pitch black at night and you can see an incredible amount of stars. I highly recommend taking a peek after lights out!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Amboseli National Park lies immediately North West of Mt. Kilimanjaro, on the border with Tanzania. The park covers 392 km2 and forms part of the much larger 3,000 km2 Amboseli ecosystem. Large concentrations of wildlife occur here in the dry season, making Amboseli a popular tourist destination. LocationSentrim Amboseli, the latest in guest accommodation is located on the border of Amboseli National Park right next to Kimana gate. The entirely new 60 luxurious and comfortable deluxe tents are evenly spread out with fantastic view of Mt. Kilimanjaro. The main guest area consists of the reception, lounge area, restaurant and bar lounge and a gift shop. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sentrim Amboseli reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sentrim Amboseli Hotel Amboseli Eco-System
- Amboseli Sentrim National Park