Campi ya Kanzi
Sentrim Amboseli(Amboseli Eco-system)(Great Value!)
US$170
US$50
Hotel Latoli(Kajiado)
US$30
  • Breakfast included
Ambokili Lodge(Amboseli National Park)
Penuel Plaza hotel(Oloitokitok)
TripAdvisor
Maasai Simba Camp(Amboseli National Park)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsconservation trustcloud forestchyulu hillsmaasai culturefamily styleother guestssafari experiencetsavo west national parklava tubegreen hillswatering holepleasant flighthealth clinicincredible animalslocal communitygame driveslife changing
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 January 2014

To celebrate a 75 th birthday we spent some days in Campi ya Kanzi. We found fantastic people and Luca and Donatella do a fantastic work and we hope they will find more success in the future in their huge task. The nature is gorgeous and breathtaking and a beautiful flight in the front of the Kilimanjaro gives even an extra dimension to the stay which is unforgettable.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lesgasser
Lucakanzi, Owner at Campi ya Kanzi, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2016

We feel privileged that you spent your birthday with us :) You are welcome again any time!

Reviewed 13 January 2014

First time on the southern side of the Chyulus. Totally unspoilt. Not a phone mast or road in sight! And at Campi ya Kanzi, a chance to interact with the Maasai... and enjoy breathtaking views of Kili. A step back in time not to be missed.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Stuart E

No wifi is the best wifi... in the wilderness! :) We are so glad you enjoyed your time in the bush with us!

Reviewed 29 November 2013

After my mother passed in 2007, we decided to go on a family vacation in her remembarance.
My father, three sisters, mums best friend and I decided to go to Africa. My mother had a big connection and fell in love with the continent when she went there herself a few years earlier.

After arriving in Nairobi we were picked up by a smaller aircraft that was going to take us to Campi Ya Kanzi. Exciting and like a child in a candy store we were flying over beautiful plains and saw elephants, giraffes and other wildlife below us.

Landing on a grass strip was quite the experience and we were personally greeted by the owners and founders of this amazing place. Taken to the lodges in Land Rover Defenders, pretty cool, we were there greeted by a large group of Massaai people who work at the lodges in cooperation to preserve the land and culture.

We then had a lovely lunch, were guided to our 'tents' and immediately after went for our first game drive to see some wildlife. Driving through the land in open jeeps makes you feel like you're part of the environment and wasn't scary at all.
We saw wildebeasts, amazing birds and other animals that took our breath away and made us feel like a child in a candystore. "Ooh look at that, look over there!" Fun and bonding.
In the meantime we were informed by our driver Samson about the Massaai fund and the lodges and what Campi Ya Kanzi means.

When we arrived back at the lodges and sat down to have a delicious meal with the owners and other guests we started to realise what an amazing experience this was. It was an emotional rollercoaster, but we took the time to feel blessed to be together.

We were escorted personally to the lodges as there is a chance of running into wildlife while you're walking to your tent, which didn't scare me at all as I felt completely safe with my escort.
Before closing the tent for a good night sleep I was asked if I would prefer coffee or tea with my wake-up call at 05:00am, felt like a princess and had an amazing rest.

All in all I can advice anybody who has an affinity or curiosity towards Africa and the wildlife experience to travel to Campi Ya Kanzi. I've heard that they are now expanding and have a pool and larger relaxing area. We didn't miss that while we were there, but it is a welcome asset.

Visiting Kenya changed my life. I get goose bumps whenever I think back of the smell, the people, the amazing experience, the animals, everything. If I ever get the opportunity I would leave my little flat country and everything behind to go to my Africa, the Kilimanyaro, the place I fell in love with.

* I travelled to this location in December 2007 but I can't go back that far with the dates on tripadvisor. Therefor I selected December 2012.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Pien1988

Beautiful words.. we thank you so much for spending your days here in the gorgeous Chyulus. You are welcome back whenever you like :) Asante sana!!

Reviewed 1 November 2013

Waking up at dawn to see the sun shining on Mount Kilimanjaro was breathtaking. Now add on the zebras, hyenas, Cape buffaloes, wart hogs, and jackals that drank from the water hole. Let's not forget the gorgeous and exotic birds that came to visit. During the day our excellent guides took us to find animals in the wild, take hikes, meet the staff and children at the school, and talk to
the medical staff who were very impressive. Our sunsets were equally breathtaking often with "Sundowners" on what looked to us like Pride Rock. Campi ya Kanzi is an ecolodge and one that gives back to its Maasai owners in a truly well thought-out mission, and we really appreciate that. Thank you to everyone involved with Campi ya Kanzi for making our African adventure a trip of a lifetime.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank terrykleid

No, Thank you! We have a beverage at a sundowner spot waiting for your return :)

Reviewed 17 August 2013

Our family truly enjoyed our five night stay at this camp. I will skip the usual reviews of food, lodging and activities as all were outstanding. Perhaps because this was our first time in Kenya, but more likely due to the Maasai Wilderness Conservation Trust (MWCT), Campi ya Kanzi proved a fascinating camp to visit.
The juxtapositions of humans and animals, Europeans and Maasai , poverty and wealth created both positive collaboration and subtle conflict. More than other camps you were privy to this collaborative mash up thanks to the MWCT. The MWCT's agenda of conservation, health and education on a local scale is challenging but the Trust and the Kanzi team are making history and improving lives. They are giving the Maasai the means to be invested in these projects so that they can mobilize themselves and take responsibility for sustaining them. It also shows that aspects of peoples' lives like culture are very important and everyone must be careful to do the right thing within the construct of the local context. To see this happening in real time is part of what made Campi ya Kanzi a phenomenal experience for us. The rest was pure joy experiencing the African savannah and cloud forest and the people.

Thank you Luca, Antonelli, Stefano, Parashi, Collin, Leo and pilot Dave for the " trip of a lifetime", we will return!

Special thanks to Julius for his patience with our travel plans and encouraging us to visit Ithumba.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank extinctdu

Thank YOU for choosing to stay with us and help the Trust! We hope to see you again soon :) The green hills are calling!