I stayed at the Kilili in February and really appreciated the secure and secluded ambiance. Our room was great, very large with expansive balcony. Staff was accommodating and gave us exactly the room type requested. You find several pools on property and a spa. We very much enjoyed the food - mostly italian as the hotel is owned by Italians - having had trouble with food at other Kenyan resorts, it was reassuring to be able to eat what we wanted with being afraid to be sick. Security is present and helpful. The decor is very stylish and arabic with unique cachet. The only negative points are not about the hotel but rather about the situation in Malindi. Coming from America, we are not used to beach boys and locals following you continuously on the beach to sell you things or propose services. Very annoying although the Italian guests didn't seem to mind as much as us. I would not have gone to the town of Malindi on my own as it seemed not so safe but the hotel arranged for a taxi to take us around and guide us.
The hotel had entertainment at night but we just retrieved to our large room.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Kilili Baharini is an exclusive complex surrounded by a botanical garden with more than 250 different spices of tropical plants. It has 29 comfortable air-conditioned rooms with large verandas, 3 prestigious suites, 3 junior suites, 5 pools, 2 bars, restaurant, the KILILI SPA MEDICALLIFE and the amazing beach with white sand, the ‘Silversand Beach”.Rooms: Each room is furnished with care, overlooking one of the pools and has a private veranda, where breakfast is served every morning in order to make a charming and unforgettable experience.All rooms are equipped with a split air conditioning, ceiling fan, mini-bar (on request), safe, telephone, hair dryer, courtesy kit and mosquito nets. The decor is simple but gives a great deal of attention to detail and is inspired by great elegance and in African swahili style. The 3 junior suites and 3 suites are equipped with satellite television and an electric kettle for making tea & coffee '.Bar & Restaurant: Kilili Baharini offers ample space where you can talk and relax.Throughout the day, visit our Beach bar for refreshments, smoothies and fresh juices at a small fee.In the mid morning, we offer you tasty snacks on the beach. For lunch, a buffet is prepared fresh and stocked in the restaurant overlooking the beach or directly on the beach in front of the Ocean.In the afternoon, at the pool, you will enjoy tea and coffee with biscuits and cakes. In the evening at the main bar, we offer ‘appetizers’ to accompany your favorite cocktails (fee required). Dinner is served at the restaurant or in the garden near the beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, 5viajes2012 S.L., Hotels.com, Booking.com, Odigeo, Jovago.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kilili Baharini Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Kilili Baharini Resort And Spa
- Kilili Baharini Hotel Malindi
- Kilili Baharini Resort & Spa Malindi, Kenya, Africa