“Personalised and first class service”

Ocean Beach Resort & Spa
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Malindi
Reviewed 2 July 2013

This is one of Malindi's best kept secrets. I stayed at the resort for two days. Although I was on a business trip, I loved it and will definitely visit again. Its perfect for honeymooners or just to get away for RnR. Friendly and professional staff, who take every detail into account. The rooms are overly comfortable and they have a spa that has a variety of packages on offer. Too bad I didn't get to try it! Breakfast is served outside facing the ocean, and you get to personalize your menu. Great place, I'd recommend for anyone looking for quality comfort and top notch service.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank Kakene_Nzuve
There are newer reviews for Ocean Beach Resort & Spa

Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great. Relaxing. Superb. Everything was done very well, suites, pools, spa, food, service, everything.... A truly beautiful place to be and would go time and time again.....The attention to detail in the design of the place merged with the quality service... Gobsmacked. Cant wait to return

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Naseiya
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Wow. Breath taking. Gorgeous. This is what was going through my head when I first walked into this place. I had know idea where I was spending my weeked in Kenya, so I did not know what to expect, and it wasn't certainly this. I could have been on a tropical island for all I knew. From the palm trees and pools scatered accross the grounds, to the vast beaces and the beautiful ocean; every view was breath taking. When you've got too much sun the rooms are also a great escape. A design which allows you to have your own little villa, complete with a bed fit for a king and his queen, and a full bathroom. The rooms are finnished with the finest materials around. I spent almost all my time at the pool sipping on a drink, and if this categorizes your typical vacation, then this is the place to do it. The pools were clean, the service was good, there was a good drink selection, and all the sea food you can eat. For night life there is a club down the road, which seemed to be quite a hot spot on the weeked, if your in to that. If not the hotel bar offers a great atmosphere and the bar tenders are great to talk too. This is definitely a place I want to come back to, and I have been telling all my friends they must come here as well.

Room Tip: Go for any room. There all the same.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Lee G
Reviewed 25 April 2013

A group of six ladies is very hard to please but this place certainly did! The warm and welcoming staff were exceptional and really went out of their way to make it a memorable stay.
For those who enjoy architecture, the hotel views are breath of fresh air especially in the evenings. We were all very pleased with our stay and recommending it to all of our friends.
A special thank you to the manager Mr. Harvey Ndege for making our easter weekend one to remember!

Room Tip: each is to their own, take a tour to pick the best for your stay.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Muthoni K
Reviewed 22 April 2013

We truly enjoyed the few days at the Ocean Beach Resort. Lovely service poolside as well as in the bar in the evening. Wish the beach bar/restaurant would be open in the evening too as it's a breezy location to chill out after a day in the sun.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank JonesHeinz
Roberto M, Proprietario at Ocean Beach Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 26 April 2013

Hello from Malindi and thank you very much for your kind review.
Usually the beach bar and restaurant is open in the evening, but due to heavy evening winds of the season we have been forced to keep it closed for the time being, it will be reopened in August.
Our clients can anyway enjoy the evening breeze dining on the terrace at Victoria Restaurant, having a drink at our Finch Hatton's Bar terrace lounge or in the garden sitting areas.
Kind regards and thank you again for having choosen to stay at Ocean Beach resort & SPA,

Roberto Marini

Reviewed 18 April 2013

Last year, in August 2012, my son celebrated his second birthday. We chose to celebrate it with a trip to the beach and we chose the Ocean Beach Resort after we saw the great reviews on Trip Advisor and we had the most wonderful time. I will not hesitate in returning and sending my friends there. We were treated with greatest of hospitality and made my son feel as though he was a Prince. We cannot thank Harvey and his team enough. Thank you, we will be back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 April 2013

First time in Malindi and wasnt disappointed with the hotel. The staff at the hotel are very professional and helpful.Mr Ndege the manager was on his toes to make sure the guest have the best time. The resteraunt menu needs more options to dipict its five star status. Having said that their pastry chef makes the most wonderful pastries and cakes.
During our stay however we were faced with naturally caused dirty beach due to the closesness of the hotel to a river inlet into the ocean. The water as brown for most of our stay and we were unable to dip into the sea during the entire stay. I would recommend you visit the hotel not in rainy season.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank 59ChristineB
Also consider these accommodations in or near Malindi
Driftwood Beach Club
#1 of 28 in Malindi
Scorpio Villas
Scorpio Villas
#3 of 28 in Malindi

Been to Ocean Beach Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!