We stayed at Sandies Tropical village for a week in March, first thing to note is the extremely long bumpy road from Mombassa Airport to Malindi, it takes forever!!
Once we arrived the hotel looked great but what a disappointment when we entered our room. It was listed as a 4 star hotel, looking the our room- not a chance, 2 star at best. Very hard bed and dodgy old bathrooms, the staff were fantastic though, always smiling and if it hadn't been for them I think we would have left.
BEACH BOYS, well having been to Zanzibar, I thought I knew all about beach boys, but no. In Zanzibar you get about 3-5 beach boys and after awhile they get to know you and dont bother you anymore, the problem in Malindi is that there are hundreds, so as soon as one knows not to bother you, there are 500 to take his place, NEVER AGAIN.
One place in Malindi that I can highly recommend is a resturant called "Old Man and the Sea" - WOW - dont judge this book by it cover, it is the BEST place to eat Seafood in Malindi - try the red snapper, it is fabulous.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Agoda, Priceline, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Sandies Tropical Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Tropical Village Hotel Malindi
- Planhotel Tropical Beach Hotel
- Planhotel Tropical Beach Malindi
- Sandies Tropical Village Malindi, Kenya, Africa