My family and I recently stayed at Sandies for four nights. I didn't expect much reading some of the reviews , but I was surprised ( in a good way ) when I got there . The place was beautiful ! It's not the Hilton or the four seasons , but that's not what we were looking for . If you just want to get away for the hustle and bustle of the city - it is the perfect place to stay . Pros : free wi-fi - it's available all day everyday :) the staff - they are very friendly. The food : the fish was defiantly a highlight , grilled ,baked , fried - it was amazing . There's only one tv ( yes it's a pro ) this makes for spending quality time with your family . The beach is within walking distance - well the resort is on the beach . there's a spa right next door ! There is security on the beach - it is really safe . There's a minibar in the room - full of water and drinks . It is restocked daily .
Cons : the drive from Mombasa is two and a Half hours - the roads aren't that good either . The beach boys - yes they are there , but didn't annoy us , although lying on the beach when someone is watching you is Awkward . I'm guessing they re-did the bathrooms , but the water out the shower is saltwater.
Things to carry : sun block - lots of it
Overall I rate this place 4.2 /5
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Expedia, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandies Tropical Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Tropical Village Hotel Malindi
- Planhotel Tropical Beach Hotel
- Planhotel Tropical Beach Malindi
- Sandies Tropical Village Malindi, Kenya, Africa