I stayed here for 6 days recently and enjoyed my stay. The rooms are clean, spacious, good A/C and nice bathrooms BUT there are no TV's, tea making facility or internet in the rooms which was very disappointing. There was only one TV available and many different nationalities vying to watch their own programs.The hotel itself is beautiful with grass roofs and drapes on the balconies making it look really nice. The pool is very clean and well maintained and the staff are very helpful and polite. The animation team are very friendly and fun guys and did their best to help and amuse everyone. The hotel is only a 5 minute ride from the town centre with small supermarkets, banks and restaurants as well as some souvenir shops.
The hotel restaurant had some real negative points. The biggest one is allowing smoking and non smoking guests in the same areas. The restaurant has 2 clear sides to it so why do they allow this when it is easy to divide them. Being a non smoker it was not nice to be sat surrounded by 3 tables that all smoked. The restaurant has open sides to it but the air does still not circulate. Also when I asked for fresh juice I was surprised to find that all the juices on offer in the hotel are a powdered mix and NOT fresh at all. The starter and main course options were good but the desserts were more or less the same every day and the fruit was not of the best quality. The beach boys can be a nuisance but if they try to sell you boat trips or safaris then just tell them you already did it. Do not carry money with you on the beach and then with the rest trying to sell you stuff you can just show them empty pockets. The prices are much cheaper in the town anyway. If you enter into any conversation with them you will be plagued by them. They also have Diamond Dreams Hotel 5 star next door. It really is nice if you can afford it. Overall I would go back. It was very relaxing and staff pleasant, especially the lady doing the ice creams.
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Jovago.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Sandies Tropical Village reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sandies Tropical Village Hotel Malindi
- Planhotel Tropical Beach Hotel
- Planhotel Tropical Beach Malindi
- Sandies Tropical Village Malindi, Kenya, Africa