We stayed here for 3 nights as part of a 2 week visit to Kenya and chose it mainly based on previous reviews and for being located within Malindi itself as we like to be able to walk into town and see a bit of the local surroundings.
We liked it so much we checked out of our hotel in Watamu (TBBC) a day early so we could go back to Scorpio Villas for another night before returning home!
It's great value for money and it has a really relaxed feel to the place - it was also lovely and quiet compared to the kids clubs and animation teams at TBBC! (which I will review separately)
It's easy and cheap to get into Malindi - you can walk or get a tuk-tuk for just 100 Ksh
It was low season when we went so I guess will be different in August but I would highly recommend
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scorpio Villas is an attractive Small Resort where guests stay in Lamu-style, thatched cottages, furnished with hand-carved furniture including a large four poster bed. Every cottage has a large, shady terrace and the dining waiter will serve breakfast here every morning (on your request, or you may wish to dine in the restaurant). The villa accommodation is interspersed with four swimming pools around which you'll find sun beds and chairs. It is only 50 metres, along a path, to the white sands, private Beach With Umbrella & Sunbeds. Only 1.5 kilometres from the centre of Malindi. This hotel is conveniently situated and is popular with repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Agoda, Priceline, Odigeo, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your Scorpio Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scorpio Villas Hotel Malindi
- Scorpio Hotel Malindi
- Scorpio Resort Malindi
- Scorpio Villas Malindi, Kenya, Africa