My family and friends vacationed here last December. The overall look of the place was really pleasant and check in was quick and we were quickly shown our rooms.
The room was large' clean and nicely furnished, however the tv were really old (CRT TVs) and the channel selections were very limited and not interesting at all.
The villas have several pools around the compound so you will always have pool access. The beach is also close by and is a very pleasant view of the ocean and great beach. However, the gate access to the beach from inside the villas is closed at 6:30pm so if you want to go to the beach at night, you have to walk out of the hotel and use the public road. There is also no staff to wait on you after 6:30pm so you any drinks or beaverages have to be your own and carried to the beach.
Food at the hotel restaurant was also a good selection, although it was only buffet and no ala carte menu to choose from. Luckily enough, there are several restaurant near the villas that can be walked or driven to.
The wi-fi around the compound is also sketchy. It seems to have only one access point so it looses strength the further away from the reception desk one moves.
Most of the staff is polite and happy to help, but we do have some complaints about the staff at reception who are happier to serve the italian clientele than the local tourists. While billing, they keep no record if the bill has already been settled. The staff at reception tried to double bill me for for extras despite my wife having settled those bills the night before. Also the kitchen staff were unhelpful in providing breakfast for us since we were leaving early (6:30am) on depature day.
Overall, it was a pleasant stay save for the few problems we encountered. For a family vacation, it is value for money but i wouldnt recommend it for a young couple since a lot of the other occupants are older.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Scorpio Villas is an attractive Small Resort where guests stay in Lamu-style, thatched cottages, furnished with hand-carved furniture including a large four poster bed. Every cottage has a large, shady terrace and the dining waiter will serve breakfast here every morning (on your request, or you may wish to dine in the restaurant). The villa accommodation is interspersed with four swimming pools around which you'll find sun beds and chairs. It is only 50 metres, along a path, to the white sands, private Beach With Umbrella & Sunbeds. Only 1.5 kilometres from the centre of Malindi. This hotel is conveniently situated and is popular with repeat guests. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Jovago.com, Ebookers, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and Agoda so you can book your Scorpio Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Scorpio Villas Hotel Malindi
- Scorpio Hotel Malindi
- Scorpio Resort Malindi
- Scorpio Villas Malindi, Kenya, Africa